Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do Your Business Cope With Shop Rent Increment

Shop rent and house rent increments are normal in my country because ofnthe situation of my country economy , most landlord takes advantage of that and raises their rentage almost every year and you don't have a choice as a tenant

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe that the only reasonable thing to do here is that you should increase the price of your product as well or try to reduce the quality in order to match the recent economic situation.

Unfortunately my business is ok and is not affected by shop increments. Where I am renting my shop I Don't see any sign that my rent will be increased anytime soon. But if the location is good and there is rent increment I don't have any other option than to pay.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
Rent increment is another factor that hampers the growth of small and medium scale businesses. Sometimes the land or shop owners arbitrarily increase the rent without consideration of the the profit you're making or if the business is even viable enough.

The increament of shops has been affecting many small business in the sense that the little you at making and is supoosed to boost your business will be used to pay the increments.

First of all, the shop increments will have to justified and it won't just suddenly be increased, it will have some Influence and impact on the whole business.
You've to re-strategize, maybe slightly increase prices or you just reduce your profit gain.
One thing i have come to understand about the issue of rent incremant is that as much as it will go a long way to affect the business revenue,if one cannot meet up,he should find another alternative.

As a business individual, I think rent increments is something normal, the only advice I can give is for you yo be open to it anytime, when things becomes expensive there's need for rent increment.

The landlords are always increasing the rent of their shops because of the economic situations of the country not knowing there's no sales most of the time and its affecting the business.

The landlords are always increasing the rent of their shops because of the economic situations of the country not knowing there's no sales most of the time and its affecting the business.,

That's true, I have never rented a shop or any house but I believe this happens much of the time, economic situation of a country do affect business individuals not only in terms of shop rent.

I don't have a business now. Honestly this will really be a difficult decision to make most especially if the location is not generating enough profits to cover up the rent increment.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
Increment in rent prices is quite a significant challenge to business owners. If the landlord of a store where you conduct business raises the rent, you have no alternative but to pay the increased expense, and try as much as possible to balance the books

Tell your mom to start looking for better shops that are better than the one she is currently using. That landlord is not going to change his habit. I had live with one before so, I know all my tactics to opponents.

When rent increases this much, there is really nothing you can do.
Since it is his property, he is free to set any rent price.
If your mom's income is insufficient to cover the rent, it may be wise to explore elsewhere for a new shop.

The issue here is not even only the shop rent increment , the price of produce in the markets keep increasing everyday which is making it worse and the increment of the shops too is worsening the situation .
Imaging buying a bag of flour at #24,000 , and I make a profit of #3,000 on it when I got to the market to buy another bag , the price has increased to #27,500

In a situation where shop or business rent office increase and the business strength can't afford to cope,then change of address is necessary but if the business strength can afford and the rented building is the best location, then paying the increased rent rate is the only option.Nothing more than that

In a situation where shop or business rent office increase and the business strength can't afford to cope,then change of address is necessary but if the business strength can afford and the rented building is the best location, then paying the increased rent rate is the only option.Nothing more than that
That's true, if you are running a business I'll advise you to have your own shop in other to avoid Those kinds of things, you might be disappointed if you are depending on someone.
That's true, if you are running a business I'll advise you to have your own shop in other to avoid Those kinds of things, you might be disappointed if you are depending on someone.

When rent increases this much, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Since it is his property, he is free to set any rent price. If your mom's income is insufficient to cover the rent, it would be wise to look elsewhere for a new shop.

When rent increases this much, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Since it is his property, he is free to set any rent price. If your mom's income is insufficient to cover the rent, it would be wise to look elsewhere for a new shop.

I think having your own shop will be a good idea, if you are having a business I'll advise you to have you own shop than renting it, this will very much help you.

it will have some Influence and impact on the whole business.
You've to re-strategize, maybe slightly increase prices or you just reduce your profit gain.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds