Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do Your Business Cope With Shop Rent Increment

When you have a bad landlord it is always a very common thing that he will be increasing your shop rent all the time without considering the tough time the whole economy is having on everybody.
I concur with you. But how do you think you can cope with this kinds of landlords? If you happen to be on such situation what do you think is the way out?

Advertisement Placeholder
Its not easy to cope with shop increment most of the time because the landlord decided to increase the price of the shop when he or she sees another tenant that wanted to pay more , and most of the times, moving is somehow hard because of money and the customers.
That is what you sometimes face when you have some owners who are not that consederate about your plight and things one may be going through.And that is the reason most busineses that have started to pick up will be having challanges of retaining cutomers for a longer period.

I concur with you. But how do you think you can cope with this kinds of landlords? If you happen to be on such situation what do you think is the way out?
Well one of the easiest way that you can be able to cope with such landlord is always making sure that you keep working hard to make more money and be able to pay his rent when it is due and always be on the lookout for another shop for you to rent, then you can also work on buying up a shop and being the owner.

Shop rent increment is on the high side as some landlords now increase their rents every year and they will tell you that if it's not convenient for you, move out and look for another place. So, when you think of the stress of going through an agent to get another place, you will just pay and know how to manage your resources.

The only way I cope with yearly increment on shop rent is just by topping an item price. There is another method I used which was of great help to me. I accommodated a friend who needed a small space to sell some pies since my shop was close to a school, so I had to give her a space at the frontage of my shop but we had an agreement that she will be contributing a little to the shop rent.
That is actually what I did when I was renting a space for my farm. It was a challenge my customers at then had to face. But as I moved to own space, I had to drop the price of products.
[automerge]1638205180[/automerge]
This issue of increment in house or shop rent is really a problem for many businesses.
Early this year, my landlord added some money on my shop rent, it was so disturbing because he knew that last year's sales was not very profitable due to the pandemic. Now i have to increase the prices of most products so i can make up for the increased rent.
Personally, that's the only way out.
Increasing the prices of products so as to be able to make enough gain to cover up for the rent. That's what I do too.

That is actually what I did when I was renting a space for my farm. It was a challenge my customers at then had to face. But as I moved to own space, I had to drop the price of products.
[automerge]1638205180[/automerge]

Personally, that's the only way out.
Increasing the prices of products so as to be able to make enough gain to cover up for the rent. That's what I do too.
Increasing the prices of your products will not solve the problem for you because it might actually cause you to have the decrease in your sales because those that don't have their shop rent increased will always sell the normal price.

Well one of the easiest way that you can be able to cope with such landlord is always making sure that you keep working hard to make more money and be able to pay his rent when it is due and always be on the lookout for another shop for you to rent, then you can also work on buying up a shop and being the owner.
This a nice idea. This also the best way to way to solve this situation. you have given an informative idea. They way you spoken it seems like you have experience on it. But have you ever came across such situations?

Well, if you're renting a shop and the rent just keeps increasing then you will have to find a better place to run your business unless the place or location you are is really very lucrative and productive that you can cover the whole expenses

I just have to consider the location first because that is the most important thing, if the location is profitable then I can consider paying for it just for me to get what I want.. They shouldn't even think of increasing rent when the location is bad cause I won't pay.

This a nice idea. This also the best way to way to solve this situation. you have given an informative idea. They way you spoken it seems like you have experience on it. But have you ever came across such situations?
If I don't have an experience on such situation I wouldn't be able to give a good advice on it because it is something that happened to my family business before we were able to buy our own shop.

I think the best thing is to safe some fun day ahead. this will help you to cope with the price increments in the rent you pay for your outlet or shop. people are engaging in daily contribution over here to prepare for any unexpected financial problem.

If I don't have an experience on such situation I wouldn't be able to give a good advice on it because it is something that happened to my family business before we were able to buy our own shop.
That's very bad. I believe now everything is ok when you bought your own shop. For me If I start a business I will not like to rent a shop I will find a possible way to buy mine.

Business can be cope when shop rent increases. The only way to cope with shop rent increase is to increase the amount of items sales and give more packages to the items sales in the shop.

Shop rent increment is on the high side as some landlords now increase their rents every year and they will tell you that if it's not convenient for you, move out and look for another place. So, when you think of the stress of going through an agent to get another place, you will just pay and know how to manage your resources.
That is right. Most times it becomes upto you to just accept the rent increament and make plans on how to cover it. This could mean raising the price of products or reducing the quantity. That way, you can still earn profits and pay rent.

Shop increament has been a major challenges for small business owners throughout the world because of little cash inflow , the amount of market they are selling I not even enough to pay shop rent.

It's normal that shop rents can be increased due to increased costs of production or inflation or any other prevalent situations but for the rent to be increased so constantly shows that the landlord or owner doesn't have the tenants interest at heart and alternatives should be considered asides having a sit down talk with the owner.

It might also be wise to look out for alternative locations or other shops. Most Shop owners/landlords are always inconsiderate and they tend to increase the shop rents when they notice that your business is flourishing.

There is absolutely nothing you can do when there is such an increase in rent. It is his land and he can charge any fee for rent. If your mom is not making money that is enough handle the rent, then looking elsewhere for a new shop is good.
Seriously you don't really have any other option when such a thing happens to you as a result of the landlord increasing your shop rent, so the only option that you have is to keep paying the increased rent or look for shop in another place.

Business can be cope when shop rent increases. The only way to cope with shop rent increase is to increase the amount of items sales and give more packages to the items sales in the shop.
That's true. But you can also buy your own shop if you have enough money. As a businessman you need to have your personal shop.

I think the best thing is to safe some fun day ahead. this will help you to cope with the price increments in the rent you pay for your outlet or shop. people are engaging in daily contribution over here to prepare for any unexpected financial problem.
Definitely you don't really have any choice but to generate the money that we use to pay for the increased shop rent all the time that it's supposed to be paid otherwise you will be evacuated from the shop.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds