Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you update your content for SEO gains?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
I was going through an old blog of mine that still manages to gather some traffic and I was wondering if the time was right to start it up again and see if I can take it somewhere. However, all the content on there is now a bit older, out of date in some areas and so on - but I was wondering, is it possible to update that content, rewrite some parts, update the links etc. and still retain all that SEO juice that's already being delivered to it? I of course don't want to lose out on what's already there so I was wondering if there is a specific or 'proper' way to update old content and retain what's already there?

Advertisement Placeholder
If your content was about current event, there is no way you can update that content, you may have to replace it entirely. For example, if you published about US election 2020, the news is stale, there is no room for updates.

I have been building my websites since 2015. A lot of content on my websites are dated 6 years and older. As the content gets old, they became stale, therefore, the content needs update

From what I understand about old contents you can update it but it may not be effective for the SEO. What's better is to just write another content with a disclaimer that it is the updated version of the old article. That way the new content will be advantageous to the SEO of the website. However, you cannot update all the old contents because it may look spamming.

You don't have to rewrite some old contents, since its already live on search engines. All you need is talking about fresh new contents, to engage your readers. Readers don't like repeating themselves around old contents.

Normally, I update the contents that do not have search engine traffic. I rarely make changes to the content that is already getting search traffic. I tweak title and update keywords.

It is quite easy to update your content on your website so that you can optimise them for search engine optimisation and it just happened to do with you editing this contents and even adding more to the content to reflect what you want to see with the content.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds