Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you rejuvenate?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm surprised no one has responded to this yet as this topic has some potential I think. I find helping out in other communities help me from getting burnt out with my own forum.

I hire a staff member and let one of the admins take over while I go on "leave" - it's a policy I set fourth on all of my forums, each staff member has a week of leave if they'd like to use it to take a break.

If I really got burnt out I would just kind of step back for a bit. Maybe take a day or two off. But I never really got so burnt out. I would take breaks when I went on vacation with my family(maybe 1 week a year), and if I got bored with my forum I would go post on other forums. Basically, I just never got bored with my forum :p I would actually just post on fake accounts on my forum if I got bored enough

I just do something else. I put my websites on the back burner and do something else. This last time the back burner meant closing them but now that I have my motivation back I'm slowly reopening my sites.

I just do something else. I put my websites on the back burner and do something else. This last time the back burner meant closing them but now that I have my motivation back I'm slowly reopening my sites.
That's good :p I don't know if I could ever just shut my site down tbh though

Sometimes you're hot, other times you're not. That's the nature of the beast. As others have mentioned, having a good admin team helps tremendously because everyone gets burnt out eventually. Let's face it, it gets exhausting sometimes and we all need to take break. Sometimes, taking a break can help rejuvenate the creative juices to create content.

One thing to remember is content is key. Good, engaging content will make people want to stay. Also, always try to stay relevant.

I'm going off my soap box now. Enjoy this kitty picture.

ztOWZT7.jpg

I have a few different projects working, so I don't have the time to get burned out. I have worked on one for a while, then go to something else. It helps to have more than one project going on, it keeps you fresh and excited.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds