Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you manage Employees in Business?

Nova

Addicted member
Credits
Each business is different. And so does the work that goes for the business. And the people hired in such business are also different. And so you have to learn to manage those sort of the employees. Handling people is one of the hardest job out there. And so managing business takes a lot of time.

In such case, how do you handle the employees in business?

Advertisement Placeholder
This is not to brag but I have handled several positions in managing people. Let's start with my business where I had 4 staff that are doing the marketing for our retailing of computer supplies. I also have been operations manager of a software house with 7 programmers under me. Lastly I was general manager of a Japanese software house with 25 project managers, systems analysts and computer programmers. It is obvious that managing people depends on the kind of employees. The marketing staff of my business is too far to be compared with the IT employees.

The best way to manage employee is to pay them well for the service they render and provide suitable working environment for them. By so doing they will render their service properly.

The best way to manage them is to see them as your blood brothers and sisters. Treat them like your children. Give them their salaries as at when due and don't be too strict in making decisions.

Paying employees well does not solve all the employees management problems. You can pay the well but still have several pending problems. Take example of track drivers. I work for a Logistics firm as an operation manager and managing track drivers are not easy, you pay them well but still, they steal fuel from their tracks. However much you pay they they'll still sell fuel from their tracks then calls yoi when they are 1000km away knowing very well you cannot reach them that moment so you have to send money to refill the tanks so that the transit goods reach the destination
[automerge]1606416192[/automerge]
Paying employees well does not solve all the employees management problems. You can pay the well but still have several pending problems. Take example of track drivers. I work for a Logistics firm as an operation manager and managing track drivers are not easy, you pay them well but still, they steal fuel from their tracks. However much you pay they they'll still sell fuel from their tracks then calls yoi when they are 1000km away knowing very well you cannot reach them that moment so you have to send money to refill the tanks so that the transit goods reach the destination

Each business is different. And so does the work that goes for the business. And the people hired in such business are also different. And so you have to learn to manage those sort of the employees. Handling people is one of the hardest job out there. And smanaging business takes a lot of time.

In such case, how do you handle the employees in

businenaging people is an easier task but the truth is that employees at the back bones of the business you can make them happy always then the rest guarantee that your business will keep moving to the front line.
Each business is different. And so does the work that goes for the business. And the people hired in such business are also different. And so you have to learn to manage those sort of the employees. Handling people is one of the hardest job out there. And so managing business takes a lot of time.

In such case, how do you handle the employees in business?
Managing people has never been an easy task, but the truth is that employees are the back bones of the business. you just have to keep them happy always then be rest guarantee that your business will keep moving to the front line.

Make sure you give them their pay when it's time. Do not make any of them feel less of themselves. Show them love by CHECK up on them once in a while.

You cannot manage every aspect of your business on your own especially when it is getting bigger. Engage the services of a personnel manager to take care of your workers' needs and anything related to them.

Make sure you give them an orientation on how you want them to behave and let them know the rules guiding the business. Do not be too strict though, just make sure they are doing what you want.

I am so much intrested in hiring a human resource person or someone that is experienced in that field if the company's finances can afford.

Have you heard of the Abraham Maslow's theory of hierarchy needs? You should manage your employees by providing them their needs as postulated by that theory. When their welfare is good then managing them is easier.

Like you said one of the hardest things to do is to manage human being. The best way to manage your employees is to give them Target. With that they won't be spending their time on useless things in the office

Managing employees is a very important task to have a successful business. Because without those employees the business won't work on its own.

Handling large number of employees in a business enterprise or company is a little bit hard. Cos different people with different characters and ethnic background come in and work in the company. To manage such employees you have to give room to mature understanding of your employees, know their lifestyles and how they interact in the company. Always get to know them better, seek their opinions and share every ones burden in the company. And always call for general meeting among them when their is need for it.

The rule of thumb here is that you understand that individuals are different and must be treated differently. You do not treat employee A the way you would treat employee B. Another thing is be open to suggestions, always hear your employees out, get to know their reason for doing what ever they did before enforcing judgement.

The best way to handle multiple employees across different departments is to have an efficient work flow, smooth operation is essential to the companies productivity. Handling multiple employees had to be something that is less demanding, so that you can focus on other jobs.

Managing human beings is one of the hardest job to do, so to be able to control people with different temperaments, character and personality is not easy at all. For you to be able to manage people, they need to see you as someone that is honest, exemplary, impartial, and hardworking, then they'll naturally fall in line and follow your lead.

I think the first step towards managing employees is through taking careful examination before employing them. Secondly , ensuring that they are paid well as at when due .
Then you also need to have rules and regulations that will be guiding the activities in the business , so that there will be order.

The best way to manage your employees is to increase their salary, and treat them good as well, handling large number of employees in the business or company is not that easy, because different people with different characters,

Employees of a business needs to be managed with respect and love not by always making them feel like they are not putting in their best all the time in their duty. Most bosses at work don't even smile with their staffs because of their pride and ego.

As far as I am concerned, the best management style would be a manager that is so free with his employees and carries them along with company's policy. This kind of relationship between the employer and the employee will generate a relaxed environment that will lead to more productivity in the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds