Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you manage businesses like these?.

Businesses like laundry , barbing saloon and car wash are not busineses you can easily measure sales especially if you employ someone to manage them , in your opinion how do you manage or monitor such businesses such that you don't run at loss?.
Business like laundry and barbing saloon business is not adviseable to be left in the hand of a manager because you can never measure the rate if the sales they can be making per day, so its better if you spare time to be overseeing the business yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
You should try as much as possible to manage this business is yourself by making it compulsory that all payments come to you or even if you cannot do that then you should be at the premises a lot.

I am very desperate to get an answer because I know of my neighbor who engage in it that business and it told up with 6month I really want to know how some person manage theirs

You should try as much as possible to manage this business is yourself by making it compulsory that all payments come to you or even if you cannot do that then you should be at the premises a lot.
It would be best if the owner of such business can be around at all times, but that might not be possible especially if you have other activities to handle. This is why some install a CCTV to be able to track the sales

Businesses like laundry , barbing saloon and car wash are not busineses you can easily measure sales especially if you employ someone to manage them , in your opinion how do you manage or monitor such businesses such that you don't run at loss?.

Well, you can actually have CCTV camera installed in your business places to help and monitor what goes on in your business if you can actually afford to do it.

In my opinion and from such small research, I think the best way to manage businesses like this even one such as transportation locally too is to just set targets for them. Make a general market survey and then know how much is obtainable and work towards it for them

Businesses like this can easily be managed if you make agreements with caretaker on the amount of Money you want to be recuperating from the business on a daily basis and they must meet up
When it comes to business of that nature it is very much ok to go into an agreement with the person that manages the business on a daily basis,and this can be done bases on commision basis,with that whatever he has as addition would be kept for himself.

I had a laundry shop that I managed for one year and later I had someone managing it for me. I had a great experience when I was managing it and a different one when I gave it out to someone. But then, managing a laundry shop requires time, energy and money. You need to buy the washing machine, industrial iron, generator, pressing board, set the counter etc. Probably get at least one staff for a start.

Since you're not always around or if you don't have a supervisor to observe, then it is wise to set a daily target for the employee in charge. He or she will then be making returns for you.

If you do not intend to run the business on your own, you should look out for a skilled personnel who will be able to manage it effectively.
To measure sales, the manager should be accountable; all sales made in a week should be recorded and handed over to you.

It is true that if you don't look into such businesses properly, you may run losses.
You will have to hire someone you can trust with the finances, ensure that profits are recorded and transactions completed weekly or daily.

It is true that if you don't look into such businesses properly, you may run losses.
You will have to hire someone you can trust with the finances, ensure that profits are recorded and transactions completed weekly or daily.
Yeah having someone you trust is better option and especially if the person is ready and willing to manage the business effectively for you because they are lucrative.

The above mentioned businesses can be so lucrative depending on how you handle it. Observe the environment, open as early as possible in the morning and also stay late, just in case of emergency by customers, it helps.

I can manage two businesses at same time.This would enhance much profits and create more awareness.For enterpreneur that run two businesses if one business is not lucrative,he must proceed to another one.

This is one of the problems that entrepreneurs normally face due to the lack of honesty from the people that will be key in the shop. My advice for you is to set a sincere benchmark for them every week that they must attain.

You have a supervisor/manager at each of these business, also you make sure that they record every service they render, like the car wash business, the number of cats they are able to wash or barbing saloons. But I think the best means is for you to hire someone to monitor the sales.
Exactly, one cannot always do everything by himself. Higher a well skilled experienced personnel to help you run the business while also monitoring it yourself

Well you can employ people to work for you then at the end of the day you will come and do accounts and calculate every thing with your employee so he is she will keep you up to speed

Exactly, one cannot always do everything by himself. Higher a well-skilled experienced personnel to help you run the business while also monitoring it yourself
You make a good point. One can't be at the business site every time. I think it is important that someone has a trustworthy manager to supervise what goes on.

If I want to start a barbing salon today, car was or laundry and I employ someone,I would place tabs on how much is to be earned on a weekly basis depending on the location and patronage rate.

You make a good point. One can't be at the business site every time. I think it is important that someone has a trustworthy manager to supervise what goes on.
Trustworthy is the key points. Where to get this kind of people could be very taskful. Anyways, business is all about risk, one must take the risk

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds