Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with overtime work for more than 30 days?

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
Recently I have experienced this. Working for more than 12 - 14 hours a day is a bit too much. I couldn't even take lunch breaks and such and yet, my manager refused to pay us overtime payment.

All she said was 'You just can't expect extra payment for a handful of overtime days. You need to help the project when it needs your guidance'. If you need the so called 'help' shouldn't you give the appropriate compensation as well? We fell sick after that and had to recuperate quite a bit. I don't get why she chose to ignore things that could actually help her team (it's in her hands after all).

If you can't pay overtime, even that is fine. However, let the employees take some time off instead. Is that too much to ask? How do you guys deal with it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think i can work overtime and not get any extra pay. If at all i'm to work overtime, then i have to be paid for all the stress i'll pass through during that period.

Is not all about the money, if you want to be successful in life you don't need to have all the money, we are all here to make our ends meet and we don't have to be rich before we can do that.

Recently I have experienced this. Working for more than 12 - 14 hours a day is a bit too much. I couldn't even take lunch breaks and such and yet, my manager refused to pay us overtime payment.

All she said was 'You just can't expect extra payment for a handful of overtime days. You need to help the project when it needs your guidance'. If you need the so called 'help' shouldn't you give the appropriate compensation as well? We fell sick after that and had to recuperate quite a bit. I don't get why she chose to ignore things that could actually help her team (it's in her hands after all).

If you can't pay overtime, even that is fine. However, let the employees take some time off instead. Is that too much to ask? How do you guys deal with it?
That is why I hate doing jobs for others, they will not know how much you work for their company despite of that they will not treat you well, instead it's better to work on your own ideas.

As an employee you should have agreement with your boss before you start the job. Contained in the agreement is the time the work should start and the time it should end. So, when it's time for the work to close as stipulated in the agreement, you should stop work. If you want to work overtime, the manager should know that you're merely helping the country out of your own volition.

Since it is all about the money and you get paid it fine by me , if you want to be successful in life you to over work hard n to have all the money you need, we are all here to make our ends meet and we don't have to be rich before we can do that.

Since it is all about the money and you get paid it fine by me , if you want to be successful in life you to over work hard n to have all the money you need, we are all here to make our ends meet and we don't have to be rich before we can do that.
That's true, as long as you can get paid by what you do I think it is worth trying, this not a time to be idle doing nothing you have to get yourself something doing.

I'll simply stop giving my overtime to the company - if they're not willing to compensate my sacrifice then I might as well withdraw and market to others who'll utilize my services.

In the first place I wouldn't even work for any organisation that I can't work from 9:00 am to 5: 00.pm. if the issue of working extra is being brought up I don't have any option than to resign.

I'll simply stop giving my overtime to the company - if they're not willing to compensate my sacrifice then I might as well withdraw and market to others who'll utilize my services.
That will be a good idea, if your efforts are not being appreciated there's no need to continue, you need to do everything possible to start up your own business.

I was experiencing the same that's why I quit my job and started online work to be peaceful person. Because extra work doesn't mean to have more money it's more about to take rest and enjoying good health.

@Claraviolet I could assume you that some employers pays for extra work time but lower than normal hours like for example if you are paid 10 $ per hour in extra time employer reduces to 8 $ per hour or 7 $ per hour, but work for free is not reasonable any way.

Before beginning work, an employee should establish an agreement with their boss. The start time and end time of the work are specified in the agreement. So you should quit working when the project is finished, as specified in the contract. If you wish to put in extra time, the management should be aware that you are only doing so voluntarily to support the nation.

Before beginning work, an employee should establish an agreement with their boss. The start time and end time of the work are specified in the agreement. So you should quit working when the project is finished, as specified in the contract. If you wish to put in extra time, the management should be aware that you are only doing so voluntarily to support the nation.
That's true, if both of them have a agreement I think they will both enjoy what they do, having the good experience if what you are doing is very important.

If the employer won't pay me for the overtime done , I'll just cease doing it because of the exploitation involved. If this still persists, I will be obliged to quit and seek another avenue of employment.

I think that if the boss cannot pay me for the work don , then I would have to consider my options and resign because it is genuinely exploitative to take that course of action against a worker

I cannot work in such environment because the stress will not be here. I will not even accept a job in which Saturday is also included. I can't come and kill myself for anything.

I cannot work in such environment because the stress will not be here. I will not even accept a job in which Saturday is also included. I can't come and kill myself for anything.
That's true, in this life is not all about earning money, you have to consider the stress that you'll put yourself into, no matter how the pay is I don't think I can do it.

That's true, in this life is not all about earning money, you have to consider the stress that you'll put yourself into, no matter how the pay is I don't think I can do it.
There are some jobs in which the payment rates may be okay but the stress you have to go through to achieve and earned this salary at the end of the month is nothing to write home about. I just need a less stressful job and probably academic qualification and your natural talents can give you that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds