Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest ā€” join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

šŸ’ Member Support How do you deal with impatient members?

Dedicated to strategies for supporting and guiding community members.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Have you ever had some forum members who are always impatient when it comes to anything? They will send DM about something they want to complain about to be taken care of over and over again. They will even send it to multiple staff members, thinking it's going to speed up the process of whatever they want.

Have you ever had such members in your forum? How do you deal with them?

I did have..said member drove us madā€¦needless to say said member is no longer with us..

The best way to deal with them is to make them wait. Ignore any messages you get and then do whatever it is that they want on your time table not theirs if you want it done in the first place. To cave into their demands would be allowing to take over and give orders and that's not good. If you truly are in charge then you need to act like it by not letting others control your actions or even the timing of said actions.

The best way to deal with them is to make them wait. Ignore any messages you get and then do whatever it is that they want on your time table not theirs if you want it done in the first place. To cave into their demands would be allowing to take over and give orders and that's not good. If you truly are in charge then you need to act like it by not letting others control your actions or even the timing of said actions.
Agreed, just reply in your own time. Remind them kindly you arenā€™t paid to be a 24/7 babysitter ;)

Agreed, just reply in your own time. Remind them kindly you arenā€™t paid to be a 24/7 babysitter ;)

Exactly

Honestly I would just make them wait. There's no reason to act impatient towards another person, especially on a forum. I thankfully never had to worry about this, but I've seen people getting impatient waiting for staff to respond on a few forums throughout my years of using them.

Yes, some forums have members who are consistently impatient. To handle them, I suggest setting clear guidelines for complaint procedures, encouraging patience, and explaining the expected response time. It is also helpful to address their concerns promptly and provide regular updates to demonstrate progress.

My experience is that they don't read the guidelines, assume the guidelines don't apply to them and that it doesn't matter what you try to set the expectations as, unless you meet their expectations head-on, you already failed, and the only question becomes whether they ghost you or complain about you.

In most cases, those impatient members end up leaving as they can't wait they leave :p Or impatient members start sending PMS and won't stop picking you till you scream :p - I run a site that doesn't need tickets or one on one help :p

Just think right we all get impatient and so what makes us get so impatient while waiting or whatever we are doing at the time

Regarding this topic

This is when I start to become a Smartass! If it is something everyone else is experiencing Then I will fix it right away. But if I get a PM from the same person day after day after day, Then I will take my sweet time fixing it. Seeing as I am the only staff member on my community right now, I have other important things to worry about than something petty. This is why I have a support forum so I can look at issues in a public setting and fix them accordingly. Don't blow up my PM with the same stuff over and over again!

I still do not see the point ;) I mean it's a gaming Fourm hahahaha - However https://www.baysidegamers.com/tickets/?show=categories
No, for your site there wouldnā€™t be a lot of point. However, I do suggest getting involved in a support capacity (e.g. on XFā€™s own site helping others) as good experience dealing with people, similar to how a stint working in retail teaches you not to be awful as a customer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest