Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do eBay sellers get their products?

Advertisement Placeholder
Make friends for discounts or access or look upstream, unless you happen to have an endless supply of things stowed in your basement or something - and hey, plenty of mom and pop sellers like that. Some are just fronts for upstream stores though.

I'm sure they would consider that a trade secret! :p🤪

Well they're surely not using alibaba or doba as dropshipping is saturated, let alone wholesalers.

I've sold 400+ items on eBay and most of the products were Yu-Gi-Oh TCG cards. I know I've spent a lot more on the TCG than I've made, but it's always nice to have that extra cushion of money when you sell them in the future. I've pulled and bought high-dollar cards. I used to own a card worth thousands now, but I traded it away when I was young and knew very little about values. Now, those sellers that have thousands upon thousands of feedback for selling such items that you're likely referring to, I have no idea what their secrets are.

I believe a lot of the selling is done through dropshipping which seems to be the most common. You will on the odd occasion find someone selling something they have themselves and I have seen people purchase from eBay and then resell to make a profit.

I have looked into dropshipping myself in the past but never gotten into it.

If they do this, how do they end up making a profit at the end of the day? I mean, they are literally buying what they are selling on eBay, right?
This is very true. I have noticed that some tend to buy things and sell them for more to make a profit without making any changes at all as they know someone will buy it, some tend to do up and clean up what they buy or even fix it and then sell it.

It's crazy but I guess if it works, people will do it.

If people have say video game stores on ebay, a lot of them go to game conventions, they buy up game lots for pennies on the dollar, then flip them on ebay for a profit. I know someone who subscribes to Video Games Monthly every month, keeps the games he wants, then puts the ones he doesn't want for his own collection on ebay to sell.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds