Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How aware are you of Favoritism and Neposim in Companies?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
How aware are you of Favoritism and Neposim in Companies? How frequently do you think such practices are? What do you think are the consequences to those businesses that participate in those items?

Advertisement Placeholder
Favouritism and Nepotism in companies has become a normal things for them, such practices has grown and has become regular and this is very bad. This can lead to people who aren't qualities for position in such companies to be given to the right persons and will affect their business

Of course such practices have become almost unavoidable in our business world today because of the issues of selfishness; it rears its head the most when it comes to office politics.
Humans have so politicised everything we do nowadays

How aware are you of Favoritism and Neposim in Companies? How frequently do you think such practices are? What do you think are the consequences to those businesses that participate in those items?
This one is everywhere.
These days, people no longer merit a job vacancy, it is by who you know.
Most times the companies practicing such do not get to suffer consequences.

Well nepotism and favouritism has not never a new phenomenon in the operation of business organisation including the private and the public organisation it's prevalent and almost everywhere thos is done in other to promote self interest.

I am fully aware of favoritism and nepotism occuring in most firms.
The thing is, the only thing you can do about it is frown at it, you can not change a thing about it.
Fortunately or not, such businesses may not even face any consequences.

Yes, it's the normal happenings in my country. As a matter of fact, federal and state government job vacancies with security are hardly advertise to the public, to stop the common man from applying. Such jobs are kept for the politicians and elites of the country, whether they are qualified or not, while the lesser jobs with no security are less for the masses.

It occurs a lot .people who are not qualified for a job end up getting the jobs leaving the qualified jobless because they do not have people to help them too making this the order of the day when it shouldn't be

Very much aware of nepotism and favoritism. Infact in my country most jobs are nor gotten on merit. You must know some that know some before you get a job. Must company just put out job vacancies for mere formalities they have already know who to give the job.

There virtually no business or giver bodies where you won't find such things being practiced in. It is even more rampant and more notorious with the government ministries agencies and department in my country

Favouritism and nepotism in companies are still on going as far as I'm concerned. People tends to favour their own tribes or friends based on a personal relationship with them.

Majority of companies that are operating excellently well do not take favouritism and nepotism likely instead they are always going for competent and fairness because that is at their cooperation but there are still some other companies that are in the habit of favouritism and nepotism and sort companies and never performing optimally.

Nepotism and favoritism is bad in a company, it is what hinders a company's growth, favouring underqualified person instead of qualified people because they're close to you

It's very obvious in most cases, most companies do not even bother or try to hide it most of the times and there is absolutely Notting you can do about it, all you can do is grumble about how the new manger is not qualified and he got in through connection, lol

I am full aware of nepotism which is described in a variety of practices related to favoritism; it can mean simply hiring one's own family members, or it can mean hiring and advancing unqualified or under qualified family members based simply on the familial relationship. The word nepotism stems from the Latin word for nephew, especially the "nephews" of the prelates in medieval times. While attitudes toward nepotism vary according to cultural background, nepotism is a sensitive issue in American business. Many companies and individuals consider the practice to be unethical, largely due to its conflict with traditional American values of self-reliance and fairness.

Personally I don't have an experience of that before because I've never work in any business organisation but sometimes how can they favour the lot of people when they need an expert to handle the type of skill they are looking for.

I'm aware of it and it's like a cankerworm. You employ someone that's inexperienced and unskilled and you'll still complain of low productivity? Of course, productivity would be low!

Very much aware in the Operation of companies on daily basis most especially in terms of it promotion of it workers and the payment of it annually leave and also in the forms of employment to some extent the manager will tend to employed those who are loyal and very close to him.

Favoritism and nepotism are ever present in my country whether in public or private establishments. From the recruitment process to promotion of staff, bias and partiality are always on display

Favourism and nepotism can be avoided in all sectors. In Nigeria, it's very rare to see where things are being done fair with justice unless there's a kinda manipulations. Here we call it "Long Leg", that is if you know some that knows someone in an organization, it's very certain that you will get what you want in that organization regardless of your less qualification.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds