Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How aware are you of Favoritism and Neposim in Companies?

Defineitely, I think in every country there are people who are nepotistic especially when it comes down to hiring people for roles. A lot of time this things happen in government.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have experienced several times the favoritism in my employment. There is also the nepotism which cannot be avoided because our culture is somewhat clannish. For me, as long as my employer is fair with me then I don't mind about their bias on other employees.

Favouritism being a biased selection not really considering merit in business case and nepotism which is more of favoritism but in a personal level like to families is a common practice, I believe everyone in a workplace would experience this as bosses always have favorites.

Favoritism and nepotism as become a societal norm In my country. Most of those in the helms of affairs and Im well paying Companies keep rotating the positions among their family members.

The fact remains that favouritism and nepotism has become order of the day in this part of the world. If you need work or you're already working or you need assistance of any form, it has become who do you know

Favouritism, comes in different perspectives at the places of workes, school and even employment into government offices. Most times these days, employments are based on who I know and not qualifications and ability.

Favoritism and nepotism is taking control of most of the companies such that most of the staffs are relatives and it will be very hard for an outsider to secure a place there.

It is growing rapidly as a saying popularly perpetuated by those who practice favoritism is that charity begins at home and so it is only natural for them to help members of their own circle or family by granting them jobs even if they don't qualify.

I dont think there is any one around the world that have not ever complained of favouritism and nepotism in one way or the other. These happened among politicians, government agencies and individuals in the society.

These two things are very much common in Nigeria , especially if you consider the corrupt state of the country where one has to know somebody before getting to the top.

I am pretty much aware of the nepotism and favouritism that happened in a lot of government institutions but at the end of the day there is very little that you can be able to do. This is actually very sad because it is making the system to become less trustworthy outside.

I am very much aware of the favouritism in most companies and that has been in existence for a very long time. And such had lead to the failure and lack of development in our society today because alot of qualify workers are not employed to do the right job.
Actually favouritism is no longer a new phenomenon and it has become part of our day to day activities and alot of people have become very addicted to principles and laws.

Last edited:
It happens a lot in my country and this is a major thing that is stopping us from progressing to the level that we ordinarily are supposed to get to. I just hope that things get to change as Time goes on.

It happens a lot in my country and this is a major thing that is stopping us from progressing to the level that we ordinarily are supposed to get to. I just hope that things get to change as Time goes on.
That is it , when favoritism has become the normal practice of the day , a lot of unqualified people will be put into position they are not capable of handling. All these things will make things even more difficult for the country.

Favouritism and nepotism is a common thing in so many business ventures. A situation whereby one person is being favored more than others even though there are a lot of people who are working harder than him or her. I think such a situation is very bad for the other employees.

As a matter of fact, federal and state government job vacancies with security are hardly advertise to the public, to stop the common man from applying. Such jobs are kept for the politicians and elites of the country, whether they are qualified or not, while the lesser jobs with no security are less for the masses.

Playing favoritism not only undermines integrity as the leading value of organizations and teams, but actually promotes a toxic culture. In a toxic culture, distrust becomes more prevalent than character. Teams and individuals are not able to collaborate effectively, let alone to build a high performing organization

In my place, Favoritism and Neposim are common. You might pass a competitive exams and short listed for the job, but if you do not have any connection with the employer, you are less likely to be hired.

Seriously I wonder when this kind of a thing is going to stop happening in most of the countries because it is very obvious that without connection there is nothing you can be able to do easily in this world and it's very frustrating.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds