Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How aware are you of Favoritism and Neposim in Companies?

Favouritism and nepotism in a company has become normal thing because if you don't have someone there, it will really be very difficult for one to get a job.
[automerge]1634811679[/automerge]
Favouritism and nepotism in a company has become normal thing because if you don't have someone there, it will really be very difficult for one to get a job.
[automerge]1634811682[/automerge]

Advertisement Placeholder
In my place, Favoritism and Neposim are common. You might pass a competitive exams and short listed for the job, but if you do not have any connection with the employer, you are less likely to be hired.

Favoritism and Neposim both are very common in my home county. Due to this practice a lot of low qualified people are hired and highly qualified people are left out. Favoritism and Neposim are present in government as well as private sector.

Favouritism and nepotism are very rampant nowadays, getting employed is no longer by merit it's about who you know and also it is present when considering those to render services to the company in form of contract and supplies.
All these have a negative impact on the success and progress of the company.

I am veey aware of favoritism and nepotism in companies. These things have become an everyday practice in companies. Business that paticipate in such practices ought to be shut down in my opinion.

It shows the quality of management in the establishment. I've seen it and in my country, it's almost always due to tribalism. It destroys and I would never be an advocate of such.

Favouritism and nepotism is very common , I think the disadvantage that would be faced by the business , is the existence of slow growth , because the business or company would be faced with so many incapable employee

These are the ways to detect nepotism in work place
  1. Qualifications. ...
  2. Valuable Social and Intellectual Capital. ...
  3. Evading Responsibility Without Consequences. ...
  4. Unequal Performance Reviews. ...
  5. Unprofessional Behavior. ...
  6. Being Overlooked Regularly. ...
  7. Not Enforcing Documented Guidelines. ...
  8. Family Members Do Not Work Their Way Up.

Favouritism and Nepotism in companies has become a normal things for them, such practices has grown and has become regular and this is very bad. This can lead to people who aren't qualities for position in such companies to be given to the right persons and will affect their business
Favouritism and nepotism has been the real and the genesis of problem that most company are facing right now in the business world, favouring a worker by employing those are not competent or giving promotion to lazy worker just because you favour them.

Favoritism and nepotism occurs a lot in most companies, even in companies that wouldn't admit to it, when you actually check you find out that there is someone preferred over the others. It happens a lot and we can only do so much about it.

Favoritism and nepotism is now in almost every aspect in our lives. Personally I hate it, a company should always consider the best candidate for job via merit

Though to some extent in some organisation it do exist,but any organisation that really want to move forward and ensure a succesful and steady growth,will do away with any issue of favouritism.It will hinder growth.

Well favouritism and nepotism have become a regular thing in companies and so it is everywhere even in businesses and families and so that's all there is to it

Favouritism is process of considering one person over another while nepotism involves the use of familiarity to consider one person or group of people over another which is not good, mostly unqualified people are choosen over the best candidates. I am fully aware of nepotism and favouritism taking place in companies in order not to feel rejected is better not to go there.

Well favouritism and nepotism have become a regular thing in companies and so it is everywhere even in businesses and families and so that's all there is to it
This is not really the best because companies should be looking for professionals and not really anyone, in a situation like this it is them that will be responsible if these people are not qualified enough to provide what is expected of them.

I am so aware of cases of favouritism and nepotism in companies. This kind of behaviours cause unequal distribution of opportunities which makes many people to miss out. Especially those who don't have people in power to speak for them.

I am very much aware of favouritism and nepotism in company. the case is becoming so rampant to the extent that those who were not involved in the act, are becoming expert in the play of favouritism. given benefit to their loves ones at the neglect of others.

I am so much aware of favoritism and nepotism in companies especially those that are owned by the government. The consequence is that it has put some people that are not competent and capable in charge of some vital sectors of the economy. This will surely lead to collapse of the economy in the long run.

I am fully aware of favoritism and nepotism occuring in most firms.
The thing is, the only thing you can do about it is frown at it, you can not change a thing about it.
Fortunately or not, such businesses may not even face any consequences.
Yes. Best thing you can do is ignore and face your job.
In a case where you may want to report, who would you report to when the business owner is the person practicing it?
Either ignore or quit the job.

Favouritism happens in my former place of work. our boss is having an affair with one of the junior staff in the company. Over time the lady was raised above everyone in the workplace despite having little knowledge about the job description.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds