Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hobbies as retirement jobs

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
What hobby do you consider as a good part time job or gig for those who retire, but still want to be able to work and enjoy what they do? With me, I find that making different wooden items like benches and chairs to be a good hands on hobby, that can be used as a job for someone who is retired.

Advertisement Placeholder
Editing would be a good one, it is a good skill and if I will study it it might be a very nice future job after the retirement. My films teacher is an editor and when she earns she earns a lot of money and it is really worth it but the problem is that she doesn't always has the customers who want her to edit them movies so that big amount of money is for that long time when she doesn't have a job. She is a teacher for the monthly income but her hobby which is editing is a side job.
So it is indeed possible that I will work at the same job after my retirement.

I would say reading, and getting paid to make review or creative criticism about the material you've read. This would certainly be a fun retirement hobby as a job for me.

Though I am into farming and teaching currently , but I will prefer to continue my farming business after retiring , I wanted to go into poultry business which I believe is less stressful and also a lucrative business.

It is good that you will enjoy doing your hobby at the same time earning from it. When you retire, it keeps your body perfectly fit because it keeps you in the move while you are enjoying. Doing your hobby at your retirement age makes you enjoy life and less stress while you can provide for your needs.

I can say that my hobby is to dance an is really good that I enjoyed doing what gives me money, I like doing something that I earned from it that is my hobby, I also like making money from what I do.

Though I do not know of those who uses there hobby and got retired from it except those that find there hobby in farming, it usually reach a setting stage they would not be able to continue the farming again and then retire from farming.

Writing is a good option. You can write books, novels, do blogging, etc. all of which can bring in good extra money.

Another option is photography. If you are good at it, you can offer your services for public events or sell pictures you take online.

It is good that you will enjoy doing your hobby at the same time earning from it. When you retire, it keeps your body perfectly fit because it keeps you in the move while you are enjoying. Doing your hobby at your retirement age makes you enjoy life and less stress while you can provide for your needs.
That is a very good way to actually enjoy your retirement,because if a retiree engages in venture that is of interest to him,like environmental protection activities or becoming a councellor in an institution,he will gain more satisfaction while doing it.

That is a very good way to actually enjoy your retirement,because if a retiree engages in venture that is of interest to him,like environmental protection activities or becoming a councellor in an institution,he will gain more satisfaction while doing it.
So many people have many business ideas they plan to actualize when they are retired. They tend to be very committed and serious about it because it is their retirement plan.

Retirees can make any of the jobs that require less stress their hubby. Works with less stress like writing, graphics designing, teaching on teaching site, helping high school to answer questions and alot of others like that can be retirees.

Retirees can make any of the jobs that require less stress their hubby. Works with less stress like writing, graphics designing, teaching on teaching site, helping high school to answer questions and alot of others like that can be retirees.
Most retirees tend to avoid taking on direct tasks or roles in their new business or organization. They prefer supervisory or management roles and this works very well for them.

So many people have many business ideas they plan to actualize when they are retired. They tend to be very committed and serious about it because it is their retirement plan.
One of the thing that make lots of person who have gone into retirement to experience tiredness during these period,is that most times they do not really plan on what to do or fall back to after their active days in service.
One of the thing that make lots of person who have gone into retirement to experience tiredness during these period,is that most times they do not really plan on what to do or fall back to after their active days in service.

Last edited:

Most times they start these businesses because of their lifelong ambitions and goals. They are usually successful in it because they are very dedicated and passionate towards it.

My father is a retired civil servant and he decided to go into farming business because it keeps him busy , most of the retired workers died early because they are unable to work and exercise ,

Most times they start these businesses because of their lifelong ambitions and goals. They are usually successful in it because they are very dedicated and passionate towards it.
That is just it,true to a fact,most persons on active duty usually engage in jobs that they might not realy have that 100% interest in,but the fact that it is a high paying job,one will just have to be on the job,compare to what you love doing after retirement.

Starting the business of your dream as a retirement job is the best thing to do after retirement , you need to know what you really want to do and plan before retiring .

Starting the business of your dream as a retirement job is the best thing to do after retirement , you need to know what you really want to do and plan before retiring .
Many people who have retired from the civil or public service tend to go into business after their long years in public service. They are usually passionate about the business and it helps generate income for them.

Actually there are different categories of hobbies for different individuals some,there hobby can be much more generating income for them such as football playing, betting, reading etc depending on how they engage.

Well there different different hobbies, some of the hobby once you reach a specific age, you will need to retire or calm down from doing them such as farming, playing football and others.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds