Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

High CPU usage

Advertisement Placeholder
It’s all the animations. I switched theme back to the 2.0 theme to dial it back and save battery life on my iPad.

Which browser are you using? I'm using Firefox and my CPU usage is only at around 23% when I'm browsing the forums.
Which means it's almost certainly taking an entire CPU core to do that. (Modern CPUs have 4+ cores, seeing a CPU usage be at 25% usually means something's occupying a single core pretty good. My laptop has 8 cores, so when I see things around the 13-16% mark I usually know that's eating an entire core.)

Better test: look at the site on your phone, see how quickly battery goes down. Bonus points if it makes your device actively warmer.

Frankly I let very few scripts/animations run in the first place so I don't notice, however the level of CPU usage reported here is abnormal and its causes should be dialed back substantially. If the OP reports this with an I7 and someone else reports what's basically a core being gobbled up then think of the potatoes...

I'm personally not having any issues using this forum running an i7 12700H. CPU usage currently sits at 5%.
Which theme are you using? It was only the 3.0 theme that had a high CPU issue with all the animations and effects it had.

Yup, Firefox definitely has issues with it:

1701818162748.png

So does Chrome.
1701818245759.png

I’m not having *errors* with the 3.0 theme, I never said I had *errors*, neither did the OP - we said that the CPU fan goes brrrrrrr because the theme makes the CPU work harder.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds