Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Admin Well-being What is Your Goal/Deadline For Community Success?

Conversations on avoiding burnout and maintaining enthusiasm while running a forum

JoshB

Recognized member
Website
2tonwaffle.com
When starting up your community, do you create goals/deadlines for your site to hit before you decide to either pivot or close it down? An example would be to see a steady rise in growth over a six-month cycle to keep going with the project.

I know that community building is probably the hardest part and knowing that if the community is not performing in a manner that makes it worthwhile, do you repackage it or just close the whole thing down?

I tried my hand at a niche-specific marketplace board twice in the past and threw in the towel both times due to gaining no traction, which is primarily my fault for not reaching out to the proper audience, which would have probably had to be done on social media and I'm not much of a social media person, so I kind of just decided to do away with the project. Though the type of marketplace I was trying to dedicate the board to most people use social media for anyway, so I thought it was kind of pointless to try and concur with the social media giants.

My resource board gained nearly three pages worth of members in the first month of opening, probably because I had followers on ZetaBoards beforehand and people who switched to Jcink followed my work there. It's a lot easier to promote my resource board since it benefits the entirety of the network by allowing administrators to use codes/skins and seek support when necessary. I'm one of the top posters on the official support board and I've been using signature promotion ever since I opened the board in my signature there, which I imagine is where I've gained a majority of my members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations