Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

🖥️ UX/UI Hi, I'm a new user. I didn't read anything, but I'm still going to post my question

Topics on user experience and user interface design principles.

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
There are two different scenarios that I am seeing, especially in support and product-related topics (especially for new releases) where answers have been provided, usually over and over again.

New or Returning User comes back. They:
1. Didn't read any topic, and they post a new topic

2. They found the right topic. Didn't read any of it, and want to ask a question

It seems like some users insist on asking their question and want a personal answer.

How do we design a smarter, better interface that allows users to ask their question, but provides access to related content or answers so they can self service?

In the first instance, I really like XFs built in system to show similar topics when writing the topic. However, once the topic is posted, it only gives you related topics, not the content within the related topics that might answer. (And everyone knows how unreliable topic titles on their own are!)

In the second instance, where users add on to a thread and ask a question that's been answered and repeated multiple times, how do we provide an auto response that might direct them to some of the prior posts that could answer.

We need to start thinking of our forums as solution engines with crowd sourced content.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
Some platforms have a best option feature that will display the best response to a question. Perhaps there could be a bot implemented on the community to help look for keywords when new members are posting questions that have already been addressed? Instead of just looking at thread titles, this bot could look at previous posts made throughout the board. I know that there's a few subreddits I browse that have a automoderator that will automatically lock a thread if it detects something already being discussed and will display the thread where the answer has already been posted.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 14)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds