Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Helpful tips to help you run your business better.

Most important thing is, if it is a new business, get a small source of income you can feed from, so your business can grow.
Until you have a grown business always cut down on your expenses the best possible way you can. The lesser pressure on your profit, the higher chance of success.

Advertisement Placeholder
Excellent advice, some more important than others. Many people neglect the key points of a company and when these things happen it is very likely to fail. You also have to implement schedules and meet them, because when they are bosses they start to fail, they say that today was good for me, tomorrow I will not work! And as you say and it is something important, exercise, walk, have quality time with the family.

Wow this is fantastic. Thanks for the tips you have shared .Every business person must first give themself commitment and self discipline.Spend more time in your business is very compulsory so that your business we go smoothly

If you're running a business, you probably get stressed a lot.

Coupled with the fact that you have to make a lot of decisions,

It's almost always like a thousand things are happening at once, and you have no control over them.

Here are a few tips that can help you manage this

1. Always plan your days ahead.

Now, when you make a lot of decisions, you brain gets tired.

It's called "Decision Fatigue."

That's why you're always frustrated, when you can't find what to wear.

You have to significantly reduce the amount of decisions you make everyday.
When you have a schedule, it gives you some control over what happens next.

So, you have less decisions to make.

I write down my plans by 11pm - just before I go to bed.

Have you ever been at that point where you're asking "So what next?"

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Whenever you feel lost/confused,

Ask yourself "why".

This would help you get to the root of those emotions, thereby giving you control.

A book that helped with this is: *"The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck"*

3. Practice Discipline.

Now, self-confidence is a big factor.

When you lack discipline, your mind knows you're doing something wrong. So, you naturally feel less of yourself.But, when you are disciplined (at least to some extent), you feel good. Your confidence levels go up, and this helps you to make even better decisions.

4. Try and exercise.
This is very helpful,for a business to strive there must be realistic and practical goals to be reached

Planning should be the hallmark of business owners. We should write our aims and objectives and how to achieve it almost everyday. This will serve as a guidance and motivation for us and in return help us to imbibe in all what we can do to make our business boom.

When the business is ongoing is a good time to check the status of the income and financial status of your business. There is a good probability that you will better your business when you review the financial status of your business when it's running rather than wait until the year is over or after a quarter or some years before checking through.

Another point I want to talk a little on is planning your day ahead, like you have said prevents decision fatigue. This is very important for everyone in business to practice. Infact it will be nice to have a list of your daily activities written down.

Helpful tips to help you run your business better.​

Get Organized. To achieve business success you need to be organized. ...
Keep Detailed Records. All successful businesses keep detailed records. ...
Analyze Your Competition. Competition breeds the best results. ...
Understand the Risks and Rewards. ...
Be Creative. ...
Stay Focused. ...
Prepare to Make Sacrifices. ...
Provide Great Service

It's almost always like a thousand things are happening at once, and you have no control over them.

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Ask yourself "why".

This would help you get to the root of those emotions, thereby giving you control.

3. Practice Discipline.

When you lack discipline, your mind knows you're doing something wrong. So, you naturally feel less of yourself.But, when you are disciplined (at least to some extent), you feel good. Your confidence levels go up, and this helps you to make even better decisions.

4. Try and exercise.
A lots of businesses fail today because they fail to understand and go by the principles of business, I must say am blessed With this, thanks a lot for sharing, I hope to start putting them in practice for a different turn out in my business

This is educative for every business owner it's very good to plan you business most especially the 3 to 5 years profit projection and wrapped it with a very strict internal control system. This above will be helpful for a new business. And understand your business competitors knows their weaknesses and take the advantage over them.

Wonderful business tips, the best tips you said to me is planning your business day ahead, this to me is the most important ways to run a successful business from day to day. This has really thought me ways to improve on my business.

Running a business is quite not as easy as it seems, most people who haven't ventured into a business before may think it is as easy as it sounds.
To run a successful business, the first thing one needs to have is patience, without optimistic patience one may be tempted to back off to soon when faced with a big challenge. You have to be optimistic and work hard towards making it work.
Planning the goals you wish to accomplish within a given period of time also clears all mist that might have been staring you in the eye, this way you will learn to limit or increase your expectations depending on how everything turns out to be. When your goals are planned in an orderly manner it makes everything much easier.

These are some wonderful tips you shared above, and would go a long way in helping some people here, more grease to your elbows. I would like to add that time to your list, as it is the ingredients of it all. A time wasted can never be recovered. So one should always make sure to use his time very well.

If just one priority seems unrealistic now, start with 2-3 priorities. Here's how you can identify the most critical issues facing your team, so you can channel all your efforts into the greatest return: Clearly define the outcome, goal or vision for your business. The more specific, the better.

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Ask yourself "why".

3. Practice Discipline.

4. Try and exercise.
So many people do not have time for themselves because of different engagement in business.
As a business owner we need to set out time for relaxation.
It is very important we take some quality rest in order to help our body to work effectively.
For me visiting gym house is very important at least once a week.

There are various ways to make business work better. Some of them are listed below:
1. You have determine that success is the no.1 goal with no substitute.
2. Getting right people who believe in the vision of the business.
3. Separation of business from the owner.
4. Planning and periodic review of it.
5. Budgeting and money management.

Get Organized. To achieve business success you need to be organized. ...
Keep Detailed Records. All successful businesses keep detailed records. ...
Analyze Your Competition. Competition breeds the best results. ...
Understand the Risks and Rewards. ...
Be Creative. ...
Stay Focused. ...
Prepare to Make Sacrifices. ...
Provide Great Service

Respect your customers, and that should be the first and most important rule. Secondly, by every way possible, look to cut down cost, that way you potentially raise profit. Lastly, pay attention to every detail and never take your business for granted.

So many people do not have time for themselves because of different engagement in business.
As a business owner we need to set out time for relaxation.
It is very important we take some quality rest in order to help our body to work effectively.
For me visiting gym house is very important at least once a week.
Yes indeed, it is important to take a rest at least once in a while to avoid the body completely breaking down. Also I think sometimes we have to step away from the business maybe once in a month to relieve one of the stress.

Yeah good write up! But i expected you to mention about health. Always ensure your health is your first priority. Its important, after the stress of the day eat good good and always av a time to rest, always have a time take to rest. Its very very important.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds