Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

🐞 Bug Header problem?

Old Nick

Credits
Hi team,
When I access to the forum of reload any page the header is not displayed properly within few seconds as you can see in the pictures below:

1717007340969.png

Safari on iOS 17.5

Advertisement Placeholder
Both but on a fresh load the phenomenon lasts longer. I recorded the bug but the video file is too big to be loaded (8 sec)

It worst now…

That last image is more styling than anything. Have to wonder if it is a browser issue.
I am using Chrome on an iPhone 15 Pro Max for default browswer and it displays fine when loaded in Chrome browser directly as well as Safari when I manually open it and use it.

IMG_0195.jpg

When saving as a PWA on the iPhone and then loading from there it also loads fine using Chrome and Safari as the default browsers.

IMG_0196.jpg

I am running IOS 17.5.1 though.

Hi, you have the theme editor open. Please click on the Big X at the top to close the theming sidebar
That Big X whiffs of Elon... and I try to avoid his trash pile social media site as much as possible. ;)
That's what threw me off at first... it looked like it could be a link (for whatever reason) to Twitter/X.

Hi, you have the theme editor open. Please click on the Big X at the top to close the theming sidebar
LOL. Do you think I'm that stupid? 🤪

The theme editor is displayed when the home page is initially loaded and then closes by itself when the page is fully loaded... btw the bug I initially reported persists.

I extensively use mobile to browse and navigate the site (on Chrome OS on Samsung) and it's fine.
Happy for you. I browse on iOS and with Safari. Too bad I can't load a video of the problem, apparently even a few seconds of video is too large a file for the forum.

Happy for you. I browse on iOS and with Safari. Too bad I can't load a video of the problem, apparently even a few seconds of video is too large a file for the forum.
Well I did the same several times and have not had the issue happen with Safari, Chrome and I even went so far to install FireFox and Brave, and they also did not present any issues. As earlier stated, I'm on IOS 17.5.1 on a recent iPhone.
Do you happen to be running any "special" additions to your phone like an antivirus or security program (Avast, etc?).
So it seems it's more something specific to your phone than a general issue.
Especially with your comment that the theme editor is starting up when the main page is initially loaded?

This is my hypothesis when reading your messages: there is exactly the same phenomenon on your smartphones as I do but the difference comes from the connection speed and therefore the loading of the pages. I'm on a 4G connection not be effective and so I see the page loading somehow in slow motion... with a very good connection as you most likely have everything is so fast that you don't see it.

The performance test shows that the home page suffers from slowing down, which I clearly see with a rather bad connection.

https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis/https-admin-junkies-com/bs7j0anmxa?form_factor=mobile

1717316293830.png

Moreover, we see the first phenomenon on header I was talking about occurring on their screenshots:

1717316552870.png

We don't see the theme editor on the other hand, but I can assure you that it triggers quite often. So to conclude my bad connection is an aggravating factor of the situation and although with a 5G or fibre connection it does not feel, there is work to be done on the performance of the forum, it will have at least made it possible to detect this, unless you already know it.

So let's give up. In any case, it's the only forum or site that causes this for me and I don't have any application that could be at the origin of it (VPN, antivirus, adblocker...) 🤷🏽‍♂️

But…
Noticed that too often. Wasn’t like that a few days ago. Started happening when you disabled a few add ons.
🤷🏽‍♂️

So let's give up. In any case, it's the only forum or site that causes this for me and I don't have any application that could be at the origin of it (VPN, antivirus, adblocker...) 🤷🏽‍♂️

But…

🤷🏽‍♂️
Yes, and if this style depends on add-ons, it could very easily be something to do with the disabling of a "wrong" add-on.
Or maybe someone is messing with you and put you on the discouraged list? :sneaky::ROFLMAO:
I doubt that is what happened honestly though.
It's probably a style dependent add-on that gets triggered on a few people and not others. That's one reason I'm not crazy about using styles (for any script) that are dependent upon add-ons to get them to work. ThemeHouse used to be horrible about that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds