Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you used Tiktok ?

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
So Tiktok is quite popular and has been for a while now. There's quite a huge audience on TikTok, and I think it might be worth making a TikTok account to promote my sites. I'm curious though, has anyone here done so yet? Or do you think it's not worth investing time into? One of my coworkers mentioned that I should do so for my Youtube channel, so perhaps it could work for forums too.

It would probably work! I'd just put your forum url in the tiktok video or so every time.

I am bumping this with a new promotion idea/method for TikTokers to consider...

Put the forum name in your video
Discuss it like you would any sponsored content/ad
Then shoot the URL in your comments

I am bumping this with a new promotion idea/method for TikTokers to consider...

Put the forum name in your video
Discuss it like you would any sponsored content/ad
Then shoot the URL in your comments
This is an awesome idea. Many people still give TikTok a wide birth but it really is a great place to advertise your business or even your site or forum it will reach people and people will even get curious and check it out. It's definitely worth a try just to see how it goes rather than not bothering at all.

I thought about it for roleplay purposes - was certainly willing to try unconventional advertising methods - but I'm not sure it would necessarily attract the sort of audience I was looking for.

Other projects I have in mind, definitely will consider TikTok as an advertising method.

It has never been the type of site I'm into, so I have never used it. I'll stick with YouTube!
I don't use it often at all and just find it to be an issue when it comes to addiction. There have been studies done on it before.

I use it to market my outdoor brand.

I was posting one video a day but now it's more like 1 every other to every two days because it's the same results.

If I spent more time on it, it might do better.

TikTok is a different social app. It's geared towards virality rather than community. That's why everyone does well with going viral on it. That's what its algorithm is all about.

That's why IG and YT are having a hard time mimicking TT. Those platforms are highly dependent on the communities established on them. If the focus on virality, it can kill the community aspect and upset membership enough to leave.

TikTok is not easy to compete with if your platform is already established.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor