Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever.....?

Advertisement Placeholder
Can't say that I've ever owned a forum that was hacked before. I've been a member on a few that have been hacked and I've also been the one to restore a few of them. To restore a hacked forum, you first have to regain access to the main admin account. Usually, that's how forums are hacked. Then, you have to change passwords and email addresses associated with the admin account. Then you get your staff to do the same. After that, you can work on rebuilding or restoring your forum.

Generally, it's a good idea to keep a backup of the entire forum for the purpose of restoring it if something like that happens.

Generally, it's a good idea to keep a backup of the entire forum for the purpose of restoring it if something like that happens.
That's true. My recommendation is to make a CPanel backup every week. :)

Luckily, no. =D So I cannot say how to fix it, though if you're smart enough you'll download a backup to your cloud or something everday. :D

Unfortunately I have and it wasn't a great experience. It was when I first started the forum I have now around 7 years ago now nearly and I was hacked at the beginning by someone. It threw me off and made me think that maybe it was time to give up and just not bother but luckily I had people who talked me out of that and told me to bounce back and prove to the hackers that I wasn't going to be dragged down that easily.

I bounced back, created the forum again from scratch, moved forum software and started up the forum I have now and it's still around now with no other hacking attempts.

I haven't had any sort of takeover like that. I've had a keylogger planted once, but never anything where anyone did anything like that. It's something that I'm not exactly looking for, either. I've seen quite a few forums have this happens, and it never goes over well in the end. It's hard to regain member trust sometimes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds