Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever worked a job where you hated the uniform you were required to wear?

Well, I would also not have any issue wearing any kind of uniform in the first place. Each and every workplace has a specific dress code and it should be respected. There are many sophisticated companies where many employees wear sophisticated dress. It all depends on the nature of job as well.

For works that makes their workers to wear sophisticated dress, it's definitely going to be something that's highly risky. For example, those who are working in a nuclear plant are supposed to wear their hazmat suit always to prevent getting exposed to harmful nuclear materials.

Advertisement Placeholder
When I was growing up I hate jobs that I have to put on some certain uniforms before I could do such jobs. Now I have grown it does not matter to me any longer. As long as it brings money it could put on any uniform...

When I was growing up I hate jobs that I have to put on some certain uniforms before I could do such jobs. Now I have grown it does not matter to me any longer. As long as it brings money it could put on any uniform...

Maturing comes with age and that's a very common thing in most people. There are so many things that we used to fuss over when we were younger like putting on uniforms just like you mentioned, but getting older, something like that doesn't matter anymore.

Maturing comes with age and that's a very common thing in most people. There are so many things that we used to fuss over when we were younger like putting on uniforms just like you mentioned, but getting older, something like that doesn't matter anymore.
It does not really matter anymore for adults. What is more important is how they can put food on the table for their family and other people who depends on them for survival..

It does not really matter anymore for adults. What is more important is how they can put food on the table for their family and other people who depends on them for survival..

Exactly! As long as the job is doing so well when it comes to paying them either daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, it's the only thing that matters to those who are working for the company and not the uniforms. Workers are not forced to wear the so called uniforms at home too, so for the time being at work, it's something they can cope with.

Exactly! As long as the job is doing so well when it comes to paying them either daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, it's the only thing that matters to those who are working for the company and not the uniforms. Workers are not forced to wear the so called uniforms at home too, so for the time being at work, it's something they can cope with.
There are several things I regretted doing when I was a child. Many people has actually lost many opportunities because of such decisions. As long as the job brings money nothing bad wearing uniforms..

Or did they have a strict dress code that you found unreasonable, yet you had no choice but to wear what you were told?
Did they make you wear long pants on hot, summer days?
Long sleeves? A shirt that you just couldn't stand?
Did you ever have days on the job when you could wear whatever you chose, special days like holidays? 🎅🎄

View attachment 5308

I think that each and every place has a specific dress code and employees should abide by the rules. Some places allow you to dress up in a casual manner and there are no restrictions for that. However, if you belong to the corporate world, then you must be dressed up in a really different manner (i.e. professional manner).

I think that each and every place has a specific dress code and employees should abide by the rules. Some places allow you to dress up in a casual manner and there are no restrictions for that. However, if you belong to the corporate world, then you must be dressed up in a really different manner (i.e. professional manner).

I'm very sure that some companies have their company's uniform as their their work code. They need it to be fully representing and any work who isn't on his or her uniform isn't representing the business well. It's why they make strick laws that will make all of their workers to keep on wearing their uniforms.

I'm very sure that some companies have their company's uniform as their their work code. They need it to be fully representing and any work who isn't on his or her uniform isn't representing the business well. It's why they make strick laws that will make all of their workers to keep on wearing their uniforms.

There is a stated fine for anyone that is not putting on their uniforms in my workplace during the time of work. Once you are about to load or move the cylinders, you are expected to be on your uniform as that makes the work formal and well presented.

There is a stated fine for anyone that is not putting on their uniforms in my workplace during the time of work. Once you are about to load or move the cylinders, you are expected to be on your uniform as that makes the work formal and well presented.

This post of yours reminds me of the time when I used to study in school. We used to wear uniforms and students who never wore proper uniforms used to get punishment (not severe punishments). They had to stand for a certain time and they have to explain why they never wore the proper uniform in the first place.

Well, this is even a good option on how to wear the work uniform in the company where you're employed. It's not like you're expected to be in the uniform till you have closed work for the day. I wish it was something like that where I used to work because we wore our own till we close for the day.

This post of yours reminds me of the time when I used to study in school. We used to wear uniforms and students who never wore proper uniforms used to get punishment (not severe punishments). They had to stand for a certain time and they have to explain why they never wore the proper uniform in the first place.

There is no way it was going to be possible for you to be allowed into my school premises without wearing your proper school uniforms. It is something that is against the school policy and there is no consideration for any student that doesn't wear his uniform to be allowed into the school. There is even a situation whereby you're going to be giving suspension for doing this.

Similar to what brides do to bridesmaids. 😂
Making sure they have the perfect, gorgeous dress for themselves, and then picking out really crappy dresses for the bridesmaids.
They're only hurting themselves when you really think about it. Because when all is said and done, there will be wedding photos, and wouldn't they want the whole wedding party to look good?
Employees are supposed to look good at work. It's good for the business appearance for the workers to look impressive and not shaby in an ugly uniform. I was in the shopping mall last week, two customers who came to shop were busy laughing and mocking the uniform of the cashier.

I remember when I got a summer job as a waitress myself, I had to wear a white button shirt, tights and a skirt as part of the uniform with a pair of formal shoes. I was never someone who liked to wear dresses and skirts and hadn't done since I was really little.

As much as I didn't like what I had to wear, I was happy I had a job and my own money so I tolerated it for the few hours I was working.
The uniform you just described sounds so similar to one I had to wear for this short-term job I took as a restaurant hostess.
I thought working as a hostess would require wearing cute little outfits, since I'd be right at the front of the restaurant and showing customers to their tables.
But NOPE, they had me dress the same as the waitresses and busboys. White button shirt with a COLLAR, 😮 black pants with a belt, 😮😮 and like these black shoes that looked like they were more for boys, with shoelaces and everything. 😝

I didn't work there very long.

The uniform you just described sounds so similar to one I had to wear for this short-term job I took as a restaurant hostess.
I thought working as a hostess would require wearing cute little outfits, since I'd be right at the front of the restaurant and showing customers to their tables.
But NOPE, they had me dress the same as the waitresses and busboys. White button shirt with a COLLAR, 😮 black pants with a belt, 😮😮 and like these black shoes that looked like they were more for boys, with shoelaces and everything. 😝

I didn't work there very long.

Oh well, maybe that was what the business can afford at that time. You know the challenge with some of these restaurants is that the profit is sometimes minimal that they even struggle to pay workers. So, asking that they spend the little profits that they make in getting some fancy outfits for their workers can be seen as asking for too much.

Oh well, maybe that was what the business can afford at that time. You know the challenge with some of these restaurants is that the profit is sometimes minimal that they even struggle to pay workers. So, asking that they spend the little profits that they make in getting some fancy outfits for their workers can be seen as asking for too much.
No, we had to get the uniforms on our own! In fact, they specifically asked us to go to a store called Men's Wearhouse to get the crappy-looking button-down shirt and pants. I remember I had to get measured for it and everything and then try the whole thing on in the store and I just kept thinking somebody please kill me.
😝😂

No, we had to get the uniforms on our own! In fact, they specifically asked us to go to a store called Men's Wearhouse to get the crappy-looking button-down shirt and pants. I remember I had to get measured for it and everything and then try the whole thing on in the store and I just kept thinking somebody please kill me.
😝😂
There are work uniforms which will make you look ridiculous whenever you put them on. I've seen worst in those uniforms which company's make for their workers that it seems like a punishment they are giving to those staffs.

There are work uniforms which will make you look ridiculous whenever you put them on. I've seen worst in those uniforms which company's make for their workers that it seems like a punishment they are giving to those staffs.
😮😝 I agree!
The uniforms they had lined up for us to get ourselves looked like they should be worn by a guy. So the waitresses had to wear them too.
I was just so surprised they would make the hostess wear the same, since it was a completely different job, and it was a pretty nice restaurant.
I'm just glad I didn't end up there.

😮😝 I agree!
The uniforms they had lined up for us to get ourselves looked like they should be worn by a guy. So the waitresses had to wear them too.
I was just so surprised they would make the hostess wear the same, since it was a completely different job, and it was a pretty nice restaurant.
I'm just glad I didn't end up there.

Those employers are being very inconsiderate with their policies. If you have male and female working for you, their sex should be considered when making uniform for them. I've seen companies which allow their workers to sew own uniform with a design given by the company. This is a better alternative.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds