Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever worked a job where you hated the uniform you were required to wear?

Melanie Marie

Legendary member
Website
www.bizdustry.com
Credits
Or did they have a strict dress code that you found unreasonable, yet you had no choice but to wear what you were told?
Did they make you wear long pants on hot, summer days?
Long sleeves? A shirt that you just couldn't stand?
Did you ever have days on the job when you could wear whatever you chose, special days like holidays? 🎅🎄

View attachment 5308

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never worked in a job where I was required to wear a uniform. I have never worn a uniform since I left school. In school, I hated wearing a uniform. When I was working as a sales manager, the business had company name and logo printed T-shirts. I never wore those T-shirts while on work.

I've never seen any worker who likes their work uniform. I don't like wearing them either but I have to respect the company's policy because I was informed before I was hired. After wearing uniforms in school, I'm still being forced to wear them at work 😔.

I have never worked in a job where I was required to wear a uniform. I have never worn a uniform since I left school. In school, I hated wearing a uniform. When I was working as a sales manager, the business had company name and logo printed T-shirts. I never wore those T-shirts while on work.
I had to wear a uniform in school too, up until high school. Then in high school there was a very strict dress code. So strict, that it got complicated and it almost would've been easier to just keep the uniforms already. Haha
Thanks @DigitalNomad
I've never seen any worker who likes their work uniform. I don't like wearing them either but I have to respect the company's policy because I was informed before I was hired. After wearing uniforms in school, I'm still being forced to wear them at work 😔.
Sorry to hear that.

I was dating a guy who worked for a delivery service and he LOVED his uniform. But then again, this guy loved everything. 😂 It wasn't for UPS, I think it was DHS? DHL? 3 letters for sure. Anyway the uniforms looked pretty laid-back; Just a greyish button down shirt (short-sleeved) and matching shorts.
I remember this clearly because he'd still be wearing it @ 2 a.m. while throwing rocks at my window to lure me down with a case of beer.

Last edited:
I never worked a job that required me to wear a uniform. At the call center they required I wear dress pants, a dress shirt or plain polo shirt, along with a plain pair of shoes with no branding whatsoever. I thankfully had a pair of reeboks that didn't have any noticeable logos. But yeah, I didn't mind it too much. I liked my shirt, but didn't like my pants because they were far too long for my short body lol.

In my home country, people working for government-owned organizations, schools, universities, etc. are required to wear a uniform. IN the private sector, there are no uniforms. Interestingly, in schools and colleges uniforms are mandatory.

I have worked in a company that had workers wearing uniform but it's not anything that is too obvious or common which is going to look odd on their workers. It was just a crested Polo with the companies logo at the right side of it. So, it's something anyone can easily wear without feeling somehow.

There are many jobs that may require you to wear a uniform. Having said that, there are many factories that also require you to wear a uniform. However, now I have noticed that many stores and shops have also made it mandatory to wear a uniform as well.

There are many jobs that may require you to wear a uniform. Having said that, there are many factories that also require you to wear a uniform. However, now I have noticed that many stores and shops have also made it mandatory to wear a uniform as well.

It's all about the promotion of the business brand that makes all of them now want all of their workers to wear uniform. If you look at it, that's not a bad idea. Where the workers happen to go to, people who are not aware of the business and see the uniform might ask them what they are into. It's a good way to sell the business.

I had to wear a uniform in school too, up until high school. Then in high school there was a very strict dress code. So strict, that it got complicated and it almost would've been easier to just keep the uniforms already. Haha
Thanks @DigitalNomad

Sorry to hear that.

I was dating a guy who worked for a delivery service and he LOVED his uniform. But then again, this guy loved everything. 😂 It wasn't for UPS, I think it was DHS? DHL? 3 letters for sure. Anyway the uniforms looked pretty laid-back; Just a greyish button down shirt (short-sleeved) and matching shorts.
I remember this clearly because he'd still be wearing it @ 2 a.m. while throwing rocks at my window to lure me down with a case of beer.
With the observations I've had for years, 9 out of 10 work uniform look so bad. Those departments in charge of making workers uniforms are sadists. They know how to make a good looking uniform but will decide to make something so ugly you're going to laughed it if you wore it out publicly.

With the observations I've had for years, 9 out of 10 work uniform look so bad. Those departments in charge of making workers uniforms are sadists. They know how to make a good looking unif something so ugly you're going to laughed it if you
Similar to what brides do to bridesmaids. 😂
Making sure they have the perfect, gorgeous dress for themselves, and then picking out really crappy dresses for the bridesmaids.
They're only hurting themselves when you really think about it. Because when all is said and done, there will be wedding photos, and wouldn't they want the whole wedding party to look good?

I have not worked where I hated the uniform that I was given. It doesn't even work that way where I come from as the high unemployment rate has made people bother less about the color or design of the uniform. They just want to have a work that can pay them well so as they will take care of their family members.

Similar to what brides do to bridesmaids. 😂
Making sure they have the perfect, gorgeous dress for themselves, and then picking out really crappy dresses for the bridesmaids.
They're only hurting themselves when you really think about it. Because when all is said and done, there will be wedding photos, and wouldn't they want the whole wedding party to look good?

If it's very obvious you decide to have me wear a cheap knock off design and quality when it comes to my own bridesmaids wear, I'm definitely going to decline bring part of your bridesmaid. I will rather dress in one of my best exquisite wear and come to your wedding as a guest than get humiliated cos I want to be in your bridesmaid.

I really don't like such kind of job. I don't like being mandated to put on a particular outfit everyday while going to work, it just doesn't make sense. Even if there were to be a uniform, it should be black and white.

I have not worked where I hated the uniform that I was given. It doesn't even work that way where I come from as the high unemployment rate has made people bother less about the color or design of the uniform. They just want to have a work that can pay them well so as they will take care of their family members.

There are some workers who don't really care about the uniform they are supposed to wear at their workplace as long as uniform is comfortable for them to wear.

I believe that most people who don't really like uniform are only looking at it because of the appearance it is going to have on them when they must have put it on to work on daily basis.

There are some workers who don't really care about the uniform they are supposed to wear at their workplace as long as uniform is comfortable for them to wear.

I believe that most people who don't really like uniform are only looking at it because of the appearance it is going to have on them when they must have put it on to work on daily basis.

Well, there are many workplaces that may require you to wear a specific dress and you may not actually like it. This is because it might be possible that you may think that people may look at you in a really strange manner. However, it all depends on the kind of uniform you wear. Not all the uniforms look strange at all.

I remember when I got a summer job as a waitress myself, I had to wear a white button shirt, tights and a skirt as part of the uniform with a pair of formal shoes. I was never someone who liked to wear dresses and skirts and hadn't done since I was really little.

As much as I didn't like what I had to wear, I was happy I had a job and my own money so I tolerated it for the few hours I was working.

There e
There was a time I got a job as a security personnel in a company and you must put on a particular uniform. Though I did not like wearing those clothes but it was compulsory I must wear them at work..

Yes I once worked in a paint store where they put on overall. I stayed for some time to meet up with my target despite the fact that I don't like the uniform and also the work but I just need to do it

Well, I would also not have any issue wearing any kind of uniform in the first place. Each and every workplace has a specific dress code and it should be respected. There are many sophisticated companies where many employees wear sophisticated dress. It all depends on the nature of job as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds