Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever lost an order that you nearly completed?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I used to do a lot of freelance work in the past and a lot of that involved a lot of writing. There was a couple times where I was working for someone, and after about halfway through the job being complete, they come back and decide to back out of the deal, with half of the job done. I wasn't paid and it resulted in an argument.

Wasn't a fun time, but I gradually improved with my work and ended up working for myself instead. But, do you have any horror stories about working for others and they don't pay you for the work done?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I remember when I newly started out on upwork and I was excited meeting a client that was ready to offer $15 for a proof reading job back then. I was so disappointed in the end because the back and forth was so much and he ended up cancelling the contract.

I think you can only have this experience If you are a freelancer, I'm not a freelancer as a matter of fact I don't really know how freelancer earn money online.

I used to do a lot of freelance work in the past and a lot of that involved a lot of writing. There was a couple times where I was working for someone, and after about halfway through the job being complete, they come back and decide to back out of the deal, with half of the job done. I wasn't paid and it resulted in an argument.

Wasn't a fun time, but I gradually improved with my work and ended up working for myself instead. But, do you have any horror stories about working for others and they don't pay you for the work done?
Yes, definetly it happens for most of us when working online, once I completed the whole task but they didn't pay me but I think platforms should recognize these people and ban them.

... Yes, it definitely happens for most of us when working online; once, I completed the entire task but was not paid; however, I believe platforms should recognize these people and ban them.

Nope, i haven't ever worked without getting paid. I work online on get to paid sites and i always get paid when i request for withdrawal. My payment might be delayed sometimes, but i do get paid.

Very bad experience. I have personally not been so passionate about freelancing before but some of these experiences should be expected. I think the person should have been kind enough to give you some money.

Yes, I remember when I newly started out on upwork and I was excited meeting a client that was ready to offer $15 for a proof reading job back then. I was so disappointed in the end because the back and forth was so much and he ended up cancelling the contract.
This thing here is one of my issues with foreign clients, the back and forth is usually much and you would end up achieving nothing, though the pay and the perks with the job Is usually great

I think you can only have this experience If you are a freelancer, I'm not a freelancer as a matter of fact I don't really know how freelancer earn money online.
Yes for sure .and what you say is right because once you have interest knowledge and you know all the principles about freelancing you will make passive income within short time.

Luckily enough no, I haven't ever had a customer back out of an order that I had started or nearly completed. In fact earlier this evening I had someone make an order and then tell me a little after that they didn't want it now. Normally I would have started the order straight away but this time I hadn't because I was busy with some shopping I needed to do so I was able to see the message of the cancellation before I started.

Loosing your order you have nearly completed is the most frustrating thing that could ever happened to a freelancer , imagine working hard just to get a job done and you realises it has been taken away from you .

I am not a freelancer and I have zero experience in completing orders, but I believe that it can be frustrating to not finish anything started and end up losing it.

Yes for sure .and what you say is right because once you have interest knowledge and you know all the principles about freelancing you will make passive income within short time.
you cannot make passive income with freelancing. The reason is because it requires your activeness for you to apply for jobs and complete them. You only make passive income when you don't work actively.

Very bad experience. I have personally not been so passionate about freelancing before but some of these experiences should be expected. I think the person should have been kind enough to give you some money.

I work on a micro job site. Sometimes, I complete the task and find that it was already completed. The site does show how many job vacancies are available on a particular job.

I work on a micro job site. Sometimes, I complete the task and find that it was already completed. The site does show how many job vacancies are available on a particular job.
micro jobs sites are also among the types of websites I do not like to work on. The reason is because the kind of experience I had was not sensible at all. The tasks were very difficult and confusing.

Actually I can say some of my friends have had such experience including myself. one of the survey site, my first time of engagement and I was half done with my assignment but completely disqualified not because it was not properly done but due to my location and it really hurt.

Actually I can say some of my friends have had such experience including myself. one of the survey site, my first time of engagement and I was half done with my assignment but completely disqualified not because it was not properly done but due to my location and it really hurt.
That is why it is good if you want to go into freelancing full time, then you should join or work on platforms that have a verifiable good track record for years, platforms like Fiverr, upwork etc. There is no limitations I'm such platforms

I don't think so have but after I got completely scammed online as a freelancer, I now demand for an upfront to be paid before I carryout any work for anyone and in this way, we get to trust each other.

if you're working on a survey website you need to know that you can be disqualified at any time. I don't think it is because of your location because they wouldn't have allowed you in the first place.

location does not play a key role in been disqualified when you have started the survey, if you are not qualified, you would not even get access to start the survey on the first place.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds