Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever lent money but never got it back?

Credits
I've lent money to a couple of long-lost relatives because of a promise they made of returning on a particular time but it has been years, the money has never come back to me. Also, once on road, a ranger group of strangers came up to me and said they have lost all the money so they need help in buying tickets to go back to their hometown, they promised to return after they reach home but they never got back again. 😊
Sometimes people take huge advantage of kindness.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have had a lot bad experiences when it comes to lending my friends and family money where they end up not paying it back. Some of them even end up becoming my enemy simply because I asked for my own money to be paid back.

I simply stopped lending money to anyone now apart from my immediate brother. The only thing that I can do is gift someone money I won't want to be paid back.

There are lots of money that I've lent out and never got it back and that has made me to decide that anyone that I am going to lend money is someone that I believe that they are not going to be telling me funny stories after I lent them money because I can't be patient for all of those situations.

I've loaned out money to friends in the past and not once have they ever paid me back. I learned to quit doing it because it wasn't doing me any good. I have my own financial obligations that I have to worry about. I ended up telling them that if they wanted money, they need to go out and work for it. They didn't like hearing that but that's not at all surprising to me. I picked all the wrong people to be friends with. I learned that if you hang out with crappy people, that's exactly what you'll get.....crappy friends who take advantage of you, stab you in the back, and pitch you under the bus.

Well, I do not have a lot of money to lend to people. Therefore, I have lent money only on a few occasions, and thankfully my borrowers have always returned the money they took from me. I did once have difficulty in getting back my money but I did manage to get t back in the end. When I lend money I always make sure that the borrower returns back.

Luckily all the money I have borrowed, like the one I have lent has been returned, I have never thought about asking for a loan and keeping the money, and everyone to whom I have lent money has returned it, although this is not something frequent, but it has been like that, I do not like to borrow money.

Oh absolutely. I've unfortunately been burnt a few times on this. $350 on one person and another $500 on another. I don't lend money to anyone anymore. Family or not... It's aggravating because those individuals either stopped talking to me or act like I never loaned them money in the first place and if I ask for it back, they say they don't have it to give back. It's been a couple years since.

I remember I once answered a similar question, I can't loan or borrow you money I can't dash you. If I should loan anyone money, then believe me it's either I forget about it or the person pays back. So instead of causing unnecessary issues, just make it clear to the person you only have so so and so $, at least he or she can't kill you nor can he or she get the fund from your account

Oh absolutely. I've unfortunately been burnt a few times on this. $350 on one person and another $500 on another. I don't lend money to anyone anymore. Family or not... It's aggravating because those individuals either stopped talking to me or act like I never loaned them money in the first place and if I ask for it back, they say they don't have it to give back. It's been a couple years since.

This is practical the reason why I have come to the conclusion that it is not going to be in my best interest to lend money to anyone as far as I'm concerned right now. I don't care whatever condition that person is in that made him to start looking to borrow money from me, I'm simply not going to give it because I know that 99% of the time, they are not going to return it.

Thankfully no, I haven't lent much of anything out aside from some belongings of mine, like video games. There are a couple video games I never got back because of this.

A few people have asked me to borrow them money, but I don't ever do it as I don't want to be stuck waiting or asking constantly for my money back.

Luckily all the money I have borrowed, like the one I have lent has been returned, I have never thought about asking for a loan and keeping the money, and everyone to whom I have lent money has returned it, although this is not something frequent, but it has been like that, I do not like to borrow money.

Personally, I try as much as possible to eliminate myself when it comes to being in a situation where I would have to borrow money from anyone for any reason whatsoever because I don't want to put myself in a situation whereby I am going to be pumped into a lot of pressure when it is time to pay the money especially when I don't have the money to pay back.

Personally, I try as much as possible to eliminate myself when it comes to being in a situation where I would have to borrow money from anyone for any reason whatsoever because I don't want to put myself in a situation whereby I am going to be pumped into a lot of pressure when it is time to pay the money especially when I don't have the money to pay back.
Yes, I am also one of those who prefer not to get into debt with anyone, not even with the family, the borrowed money I have asked for was in the past but I knew that I could return it and I did, a debt is something that generates a lot of pressure on a person and can drag you to very bad things.

Yes, I am also one of those who prefer not to get into debt with anyone, not even with the family, the borrowed money I have asked for was in the past but I knew that I could return it and I did, a debt is something that generates a lot of pressure on a person and can drag you to very bad things.

Exactly! It's just like whenever you're in debt and planning to pay it off, there's always something that's going to come up out from no where and that's going to take part of the money you're supposed to pay. It's something that you can't put on hold. It's more like there's an evil spirit following debts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds