Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had too much overtime hours?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever had too much overtime hours before? Like maybe your work doesn't allow you to take too much overtime, but somehow you end up with overtime hours because you had to get the work done that day or night. I've known people who have done a few days of overtime, and they weren't paid the full overtime before. I hear some people can't make overtime after they make a certain amount.

I think if you're forced to work overtime, you should be paid overtime in full. Simple as that. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever had too much overtime hours before? Like maybe your work doesn't allow you to take too much overtime, but somehow you end up with overtime hours because you had to get the work done that day or night. I've known people who have done a few days of overtime, and they weren't paid the full overtime before. I hear some people can't make overtime after they make a certain amount.

I think if you're forced to work overtime, you should be paid overtime in full. Simple as that. What do you think?

I think that when it comes to overtime, there are a few companies that may have a limit. A person may not be able to work for long hours, even if he or she needs money. This depends on the person and the nature of job as well. Some jobs may not offer you the facility to work for longer hours.

When it comes to my office work, I've never really worked too much on overtime except for one particular job that usually gets me working on 4 hours overtime every day because we are always understaffed and I am the manager of the firm which it's my duty to make sure that everything is in place before the office closes everyday.

When it comes to my online work, I usually work overtime all the time and it simply because I want to do it at my own convenient time.

While working overtime can earn you extra money, doing so frequently can also have a detrimental impact on your health, burnout, and productivity. To preserve wellbeing and long-term job satisfaction, a balance between work and personal life is crucial.

While working overtime can earn you extra money, doing so frequently can also have a detrimental impact on your health, burnout, and productivity. To preserve wellbeing and long-term job satisfaction, a balance between work and personal life is crucial.

This is something that is very true because the human body needs rest so that you are always going to be in optimal condition to be able to deliver effectively and efficiently at your work. This is why it is not good for you to be working overtime frequently. Whenever your body is tired, you need to take rest and not force your self to work overtime because of the money.

I am someone who believes if you employ someone and they are willing to work over the hours that they are contracted to, they should also be paid for that extra time as well.

I have heard stories in the past where employees of a business do extra time but are not paid for it and I believe that is wrong, whether you are doing it during business hours or not, if you are doing the work, you should earn from that regardless.

I tend to sometimes work more hours than I allocate to get work done that I need to catch up on but I know doing that, it leaves me time to be able to take on more work which will lead to more money.

I am someone who believes if you employ someone and they are willing to work over the hours that they are contracted to, they should also be paid for that extra time as well.

I have heard stories in the past where employees of a business do extra time but are not paid for it and I believe that is wrong, whether you are doing it during business hours or not, if you are doing the work, you should earn from that regardless.

I tend to sometimes work more hours than I allocate to get work done that I need to catch up on but I know doing that, it leaves me time to be able to take on more work which will lead to more money.

Seriously this is exactly how workers are supposed to be treated because whenever you are putting your workers in a situation whereby they are supposed to work more than they are expected to, they are equally entitled to be paid more.

It's just like a friend of mine whom his boss usually calls in on a Sunday to come and do one job or another at the office and he doesn't even pay him for doing that extra job. I kept telling him that it's wrong and it's up to him to stop it because if he doesn't stand up to his boss, he is always going to keep using him in that manner.

When it comes to my office work, I've never really worked too much on overtime except for one particular job that usually gets me working on 4 hours overtime every day because we are always understaffed and I am the manager of the firm which it's my duty to make sure that everything is in place before the office closes everyday.

When it comes to my online work, I usually work overtime all the time and it simply because I want to do it at my own convenient time.

I think that a 4 hour overtime is a big amount of time when it comes to working more. I really hope that you are being paid well for that. There are many companies that offer part-time job and the employees are working for 4 hours. Overtime does not pay equally to what you earn when you work a job during the regular timings.

I think that a 4 hour overtime is a big amount of time when it comes to working more. I really hope that you are being paid well for that. There are many companies that offer part-time job and the employees are working for 4 hours. Overtime does not pay equally to what you earn when you work a job during the regular timings.

I was paid for the overtime that I was working for the company but then I would have really loved for them to hire more workers to be able to get everything that is needed to be done completed on time so that everybody is going to leave work at the normal time they are supposed to leave. I hate being forced to work overtime because there is no other staff that can be able to do those jobs and they cannot be left unattended.

When I was with my regular job, I never worked additional hours unless I was paid extra. When tasks were handed to me, I tried not to push myself too hard to meet unrealistic deadlines. I liked working overtime if I was given additional payment.

If I work overtime, you will never have any excuse not to pay me for it. I will not under any reason you're going to give and it's going to be the last time I'm going to do it. I won't allow myself to be used without any benefits to gain from it. I don't work overtime often at my office and whenever I do, I get paid for it.

If I work overtime, you will never have any excuse not to pay me for it. I will not under any reason you're going to give and it's going to be the last time I'm going to do it. I won't allow myself to be used without any benefits to gain from it. I don't work overtime often at my office and whenever I do, I get paid for it.

That is the truth. Offices should consider anyone working overtime. There is need to have a form of discussion with the boss to ensure that your overtime payment is not overlooked. Staff agreeing to work overtime shows that they have the goal of the office at heart.

That is the truth. Offices should consider anyone working overtime. There is need to have a form of discussion with the boss to ensure that your overtime payment is not overlooked. Staff agreeing to work overtime shows that they have the goal of the office at heart.

There's always an expected time that a worker is supposed to put in every day and it accumulates to a certain number of hours in a week. When an employee is made to work more than what's agreed for him or her to do, the employer is supposed to pay extra for it. I don't even like being forced to work overtime.

If I'm working overtime, it must have been discussed before the day I will be working the overtime. I will accept working overtime the same day I was informed about it. I need to prepare for myself mentally days before I will work overtime. If I don't do that, I will not work overtime the very day.

Everyone who's working for any company have their own personal needs. Their time is also used for their personal needs too and this is the reason why everything about them working overtime should be planned. I won't have other plans to take care of my personal needs for the day and my boss will on an impromptu change everything to make me work overtime.

I believe that employers should always pay employees for any overtime work, but there are also certain circumstances where it's not necessary to pay overtime. From a business perspective, it can be difficult to justify the cost of paying overtime for every hour worked, but it's also important to consider the impact on employee morale and productivity.

I believe that employers should always pay employees for any overtime work, but there are also certain circumstances where it's not necessary to pay overtime. From a business perspective, it can be difficult to justify the cost of paying overtime for every hour worked, but it's also important to consider the impact on employee morale and productivity.

What ground do you think it is wrong to pay for overtime? Is it based on the firm having limited budget or what exactly? To me, unless the management makes it clear to the staff that they should help the company to work for overtime, they shouldn't be bullied into doing so as far as I am concerned.

What ground do you think it is wrong to pay for overtime? Is it based on the firm having limited budget or what exactly? To me, unless the management makes it clear to the staff that they should help the company to work for overtime, they shouldn't be bullied into doing so as far as I am concerned.
It's definitely a complex issue with a lot of different factors to consider. On one hand, I understand that businesses may have limited budgets and might not be able to afford to pay for overtime. On the other hand, I think it's important to respect the boundaries and working hours of employees. No one should feel pressured to work more hours than they're comfortable with. In your example, it seems like the management should be clear and transparent with their staff about expectations around working hours and overtime.

Before I sign my appointment letter, I am going to make sure that I read and understand everything that is required for me to do which is binding by the contract of the job. Whenever it is stipulated that I am supposed to work for a specific number of hours on daily basis, the company can never force me to work more than that stipulated hours without having to pay me extra for working overtime.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds