Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike/protest?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has anyone here ever gone on strike for any reason? Maybe it's for unfair work practices, poor hours, rude bosses/supervisors, no to little benefits and more. I have never gone on strike myself, but would if it was a good cause.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I think that strikes are much common in workplaces where there are workers union. This also goes true in the governmental departments where there are many governmental employees and they usually form a union. This is less common in private departments and companies.

Nope, I thankfully never had the need to. I have a friend that does work for a union company and he has been out of work for weeks to months in the past which was painful for him. He had to show up and protest a few days a week and they did not get paid for it.

Nope, I thankfully never had the need to. I have a friend that does work for a union company and he has been out of work for weeks to months in the past which was painful for him. He had to show up and protest a few days a week and they did not get paid for it.

I am sure that unions cannot go on a strike for a long time. This may affect the workers in a really bad manner. This is why they usually go on a strike when there is some kind of serious issue involved with the workers. This is something that they themselves understand as well.

Many strike are done by workers or even civil servants but I worked for myself so I wonder how I will go on strike because I will still be the person to pay myself and the other workers.

I have not but I have seen alot of people into such situation due to lack of payment.

The art of protest and strike action are a common phenomenon in some African countries especially Nigeria. Protest or strike action are the most important ways to demand your right from your employer.

Usually you don't get paid while your out there protesting your job. If you are protesting for months and nothing has changed, it may be time to just outright move on from that job.

Many strike are done by workers or even civil servants but I worked for myself so I wonder how I will go on strike because I will still be the person to pay myself and the other workers.

I have not but I have seen alot of people into such situation due to lack of payment.

Going on a strike is a common thing in many places where workers are not paid on time and it is a common thing in case if workers are not paid at all in the first place. This happens a lot in the governmental departments as well where things are not that great at all.

Actually going on strike is a common thing or issue that is widely undertaken by both private and public sector depending on the demands of the workers in which is not meet up with at the time they wanted.

Actually going on strike is a common thing or issue that is widely undertaken by both private and public sector depending on the demands of the workers in which is not meet up with at the time they wanted.

I think that going on a strike is very bad for both workers and the company. The fact of the matter remains that when workers go on a strike, this halts the process of business. Workers also do not get paid and the company also suffers a lot. However, things could be done in order to avoid this.

When I was a student, I have gone on strikes a couple of times, however, when I started working, I never went on a strike even when I did not like the employees or even when I wanted to protest against the discriminatory policy. I have already tried to deal with these issues professionally.

When I was a student, I have gone on strikes a couple of times, however, when I started working, I never went on a strike even when I did not like the employees or even when I wanted to protest against the discriminatory policy. I have already tried to deal with these issues professionally.

The bosses of the company could avoid such kind of strikes, if they focus more on employee rights. In many governmental sectors, many labour groups create labour unions that are supposed to protect the rights of labours and workers. Such labour can call off the strike whenever they want.

Before going on a strike in any kind of business that you are into as a worker, you should make sure that the company you are working for is one that is going to understand the reason why you people are embarking on a protest or strike, otherwise they are going to sack everyone that is working for the company and employ another new set of people.

Before going on a strike in any kind of business that you are into as a worker, you should make sure that the company you are working for is one that is going to understand the reason why you people are embarking on a protest or strike, otherwise they are going to sack everyone that is working for the company and employ another new set of people.

Before announcing strike, I think that the labour's union should consult the management of the company. If matters are not resolved, then the union must approach the owner of the company. if matters are still not resolved, then they must go on a strike. It is much better to resolve the matters after consulting the relevant people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds