Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever get scammed while using Etsy?

I have been using eBay and Etsy a lot to get my BJD clothes. I recently bought a hanfu and after just one wash, it lost it's color completely. It turned white and I tried to dye it in cream color again with no luck. It was like around 125 USD ( I was really excited to get a hanfu only to face disappointment at the end).

Anyone had any similar experiences while using Etsy? Now I don't know whether it's reliable or not. I am sure it all comes down to the seller but I never received any word from the customer service either, for this issue.

So, please do share your experiences with Etsy here and how you dealt with troublesome situations(if any).

I've been making use of both eBay and Etsy for at least 5 years now and I've never had any experience of getting scammed on the platform. This is also probably because I try as much as possible to make sure that whoever I am dealing with is someone that is offering a business that is realistic.

Advertisement Placeholder
No, i haven't ever gotten scammed while using Esty. As a matter of fact, i have never used Esty. We ought to be very careful when carrying out online transactions because there are a lot of scammers out there.

I have used quite a lot of online platforms for shopping and Etsy is among those list. But I don't really use most of the times. But from my experience, I have not experience any sort of scamming activities on that platform.
I have not made use of it not to talk of getting scammed on the website but I think there should be a way that people can prevent themselves from getting scammed on that platform

I am always careful whenever I am investing into things like this all I am buying and that is why I have been able to protect myself from any form of scamper expectation.

This is actually one of the reason why some people don't like making purchase of anything online because of the fear of being scammed by someone who they don't know is a criminal that is looking for an opportunity to steal from people online.

I haven't gotten scammed but a friend got scammed. She paid for products to alleged supplier who promised to ship within a week. Till now, we haven't seen the product. The supplier's account on Etsy has been deleted.

I cannot remember any incidents of this nature before but I could remember when I was almost scammed by a man after sending payments to purchase a product. The money was mysteriously returned to me after he blocked me
I think you are actually lucky. Whenever you are buying things on the internet you should always try to be careful with such people. Personally I do not pay for physical products online until I see the person physically.

I think you are actually lucky. Whenever you are buying things on the internet you should always try to be careful with such people. Personally I do not pay for physical products online until I see the person physically.
I don't even know why I have to trust the person for so much. Even before sending the payments I had a mysterious feeling that I could be scammed. But I decide to beat the thought off my mind.

I have never used Etsy and so I don't have any experiences to share. But your experience is so scary and I am sorry you went through that. This is why I don't like online shopping. I prefer to shop offline where I can examine the product well and I can make complaints physically.

I don't even know why I have to trust the person for so much. Even before sending the payments I had a mysterious feeling that I could be scammed. But I decide to beat the thought off my mind.
I hope you have actually learnt your lesson. whenever you want to do business with people on the internet you should always be very much careful. You need to see the product physically before you pay.

I hope you have actually learnt your lesson. whenever you want to do business with people on the internet you should always be very much careful. You need to see the product physically before you pay.
I have learnt my lessons. I will be more careful next time.
It was a digital product though. The arrangement was for him to receive my payment first before sending me the coins.

I have learnt my lessons. I will be more careful next time.
It was a digital product though. The arrangement was for him to receive my payment first before sending me the coins.
I believe that is actually a very big lesson to you to be very careful whenever you are dealing with someone on the internet. Actually I have a few people I trust on the internet and have been dealing with and it has been smooth. Such people maybe hard to get though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds