Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever get scammed while using Etsy?

I have never used Etsy before. I have no idea of what Etsy could be. Probably I can check it out for more clarification and things of the sort in the near future.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never used Etsy before. I have no idea of what Etsy could be. Probably I can check it out for more clarification and things of the sort in the near future.
It is a platform for selling goods and services this is a platform that is medium between between buyer how is selling goods and final seller how is selling goods.

It is a platform for selling goods and services this is a platform that is medium between between buyer how is selling goods and final seller how is selling goods.
Any business involves selling of goods and services I always make sure I research and find their true nature before having business with them. Scammed websites are outside so we need to be careful and prepare to report them if we find them.

Any business involves selling of goods and services I always make sure I research and find their true nature before having business with them. Scammed websites are outside so we need to be careful and prepare to report them if we find them.
The buyer is sometimes not scammer but the country is stoler, because some people gets tracking number but the thing they have purchased is stolen by police agents when received from foreign country before being delivered to them, sadly in some countries.

There are so many sites that are largely fraudulent in nature and if you are not careful you would fall victim of their scams . It is important that you research about any suspicious site before engaging with it.

I have never been scammed by this platform and this is due to the fact that I do not know them at all

I don't like using unpopular platforms.

I have actually participated in a good number of internet platforms for bitcoin and other transactions.
But the majority of the time, I don't actually use.
But based on my personal experience, I have not encountered any scamming activities on that site, thus I think there are extremely few instances of scamming.
That's great if that's the case, but for people like me I have never try engaging myself in anything, but for people like you I think you already know everything about it and how it goes.

I am always careful whenever I am investing into things like this all I am buying and that is why I have been able to protect myself from any form of scamper expectation.
Whenever I get reffered to invest into an investment site , I always take my time to do my own research to confirm If the investment site is not a scam before going on to invest .

The buyer is sometimes not scammer but the country is stoler, because some people gets tracking number but the thing they have purchased is stolen by police agents when received from foreign country before being delivered to them, sadly in some countries.

I think that scams on such kind of sites could be avoided if the website uses secure payment systems such as Escrow and other kind of payment systems that could help prevent scams.

I have been scammed many times without number all in the name of making money online and getting easier access to my need. Talking about Etsy I don't know what it is but I will be glad if you tell me more about it
It is a shopping platform being used by people to buy favourite products. Personally I don't have experience of the platform before. But whenever I am interested to buy products online I tend to avoid products that are too cheap to be true.

I cannot remember any incidents of this nature before but I could remember when I was almost scammed by a man after sending payments to purchase a product. The money was mysteriously returned to me after he blocked me
It is highly possible that the payment was returned to you by the marketplace and that is why I like eBay because they have buyer protection. I do not believe that that kind of cheap scam should be so popular in this kind of era.

It is a shopping platform being used by people to buy favourite products. Personally I don't have experience of the platform before. But whenever I am interested to buy products online I tend to avoid products that are too cheap to be true.
Alright,so Etsy is an online store similar to the popularly known jumia,jiji ng and Konga. If it's terms of service supports pay on delivery then people won't be scammed on Etsy.

Alright,so Etsy is an online store similar to the popularly known jumia,jiji ng and Konga. If it's terms of service supports pay on delivery then people won't be scammed on Etsy.
Most of these platforms will not want to do pay on delivery because the won't be able to generate their own interest with this method . That is why payment must be sent to the platform and they will be served as escrow between two parties to prevent unnecessary cheating and selling of low quality products.

I am happy that the platform is not like the way it was two years ago. There is a lot of buyer protection policies that have been narrowed and I am happy for that.

I have not used any of Etsy and eBay to make any purchase.

I know the two are good but I have not used them. And also I believe that you can't get everythingthing you ordered there in perfect.

I have been using eBay and Etsy a lot to get my BJD clothes. I recently bought a hanfu and after just one wash, it lost it's color completely. It turned white and I tried to dye it in cream color again with no luck. It was like around 125 USD ( I was really excited to get a hanfu only to face disappointment at the end).

Anyone had any similar experiences while using Etsy? Now I don't know whether it's reliable or not. I am sure it all comes down to the seller but I never received any word from the customer service either, for this issue.

So, please do share your experiences with Etsy here and how you dealt with troublesome situations(if any).

Etsy is a platform that has been alright for me when it comes to provision of services. I do not use it many times though, and this may account for my blindness to their fraudulence. At least, this writeup has opened my eyes

No not at all, if you are being scammed I think that's because you have not made a proper research on the platform you are using, I'll advise you to develop this attitude of making researches.
Probably, but sometimes you have to understand that some platforms give fake reviews. it is also very important for you to read guidelines before you use any kind of platfform.

I have not used Etsy for any transaction. I heard about a lot and most of the review I read about them are positive. It such an unfortunate that you have bad experience with them.

I am an etsy seller, I have also bought from etsy. I have not been scammed either as a seller or as a buyer. IN fact, I have never been scammed by any ecommerce platform. If you pay attention to the rules, you will never be scammed

I have been using eBay and Etsy a lot to get my BJD clothes. I recently bought a hanfu and after just one wash, it lost it's color completely. It turned white and I tried to dye it in cream color again with no luck. It was like around 125 USD ( I was really excited to get a hanfu only to face disappointment at the end).

Anyone had any similar experiences while using Etsy? Now I don't know whether it's reliable or not. I am sure it all comes down to the seller but I never received any word from the customer service either, for this issue.

So, please do share your experiences with Etsy here and how you dealt with troublesome situations(if any).
No, I have never been duped while shopping on Etsy. Etsy has put in place a variety of safeguards to protect shoppers and sellers from frauds, including obliging sellers to give tracking information for all deliveries. Buyers can also contact Etsy customer service if they suspect they have been defrauded.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds