Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever been a Conservatorship for someone?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
For those who don't know, a conservatorship is when someone takes legal control of someone else's money and benefits as they're usually not sound of mind or don't know how to properly manage their finances. I had a friend who was a conservator for his father, and had to keep track of his spending, and he only allowed for the money to be used for bills and necessities. Anyway, he was in charge of his finances until his death. His father was a drinker, so he made sure he didn't have money to spend on alcohol.

Have you ever been this for someone else? Would you stop the conservatorship once they are stable enough to keep track of their money?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never been this for anyone as far as I can remember. I have only focused on managing my business and taking the right steps in doing so. My question on being a conservator is when the papers are being done, are there lawyers that come around to ensure that everything is signed and both parties are aware of the legal implications when things go south?

For those who don't know, a conservatorship is when someone takes legal control of someone else's money and benefits as they're usually not sound of mind or don't know how to properly manage their finances. I had a friend who was a conservator for his father, and had to keep track of his spending, and he only allowed for the money to be used for bills and necessities. Anyway, he was in charge of his finances until his death. His father was a drinker, so he made sure he didn't have money to spend on alcohol.

Have you ever been this for someone else? Would you stop the conservatorship once they are stable enough to keep track of their money?

Well, I have never been under such kind of condition before. However, I know that there are many people who may have to deal with conservatorship as it is one of the necessary things they have to go through. I think this is a major responsibility for a person. You have to deal fairly with the person as you are legally and ethically responsible for that.

The concept of conservatorship is not common here. Interestingly, I heard of the word only when I read the news about Britney Spears. I do not even know if there is any law in the country regarding conservatorship. However, in my home country, it is common practice to take charge of finances of a person if the person is minor, mentally retarded, or old

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds