Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Have major mail servers blacklisted you?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Ja sa bong

Credits
I was discussing with a fellow webmaster friend when he narrated to me how the major mailing servers like Google and Outlook had to blacklist him from using their services. It was because they flagged high volume of emails sent when users sign up and subscribe to threads in his forums which are marked as spam. He's looking for a way to solve this problem in order to fix his mail delivery.

How can he fix this problem?

Get a reliable mail delivery service like Amazon SES or such and not try hosting it through shared hosting mail services or even your own standalone MTA server (unless you've put all the necessary work into it).

My emails always went into spam for members from the start when opening a new site :) it detected an unknown source and thought it's spam even though it was not. I resolved it by going with a third-party software that is outside, I went with sendgrid

Make sure to setup all the domain mail security protocols such as DKIM, SPF records, etc and only send mail that is signed by the DKIM.

Oh god, I'd never route through GMail etc. as an MTA at this point.

So I used to work for a SaaS company that offered corporate B2B email newsletters (e.g. a big company to their distributors/partners), and I'd be sending literal millions per month. Not getting blocked by GMail was easy enough - set up rDNS, SPF, DKIM and DMARC, don't be overly spammy in the content. Sending to Hotmail/Outlook/Live was always a hassle because their spam filters were ever so twitchy but I'd contact the folks on the JMRP portal and request manual reviews when we were blocked (and I'd provide evidence that people signed up for the newsletters). Even Yahoo was fine once I'd gotten SPF/DKIM/DMARC set up.

But honestly, the best thing you can do is something like Mailgun or SES and just make it their problem.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest