Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has a manager ever tried to hire someone you didn't want hired?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Lets say you are the employer and have managers that handle hiring and all that. But, the final say still runs through you. What would you do if your manager hired someone without first speaking to you? I personally would ask why it wasn't brought to me first before a decision is made. Or, should we let managers and supervisors hire those they feel are right for the job? What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Lets say you are the employer and have managers that handle hiring and all that. But, the final say still runs through you. What would you do if your manager hired someone without first speaking to you? I personally would ask why it wasn't brought to me first before a decision is made. Or, should we let managers and supervisors hire those they feel are right for the job? What do you think?

Well, when we apply for a job in a workplace. The chances are that you may never know who else might have applied at the same time. So, the odds of you finding a person who you dislike are quite low until or unless you encounter them in the office on the day interviews are being conducted on.

Well, when we apply for a job in a workplace. The chances are that you may never know who else might have applied at the same time. So, the odds of you finding a person who you dislike are quite low until or unless you encounter them in the office on the day interviews are being conducted on.

There are some jobs where you have the chance to of knowing who else applied for the same job. Take for instance, when it comes to jobs in the force like Navy, Military, Aviation etc, they always publish list of all who applied.

I think the owner of the company can hire anyone he chose to, since is his company, recently a mentally unstable guy was hired into our company by the owner of the company, working with him just seems impossible.

If all the recruitment are supposed to be run through me and someone is supposedly hired without my knowledge, I believe that I have the power to terminate such appointment and make them to follow due process before someone is hired.

Are you saying that you are going to override your boss decision at the workplace when he or she recommended someone to be hired? I don't think going that route will end well for you especially when you have a boss that wield so much power.

Sometimes I have felt that the manager has hired the wrong person. However, as an employer myself I have no right to speak against the new staff unless I am asked to give an opinion. Sometimes my opinion is purely unfounded and my opinion about the staff turns out to be very wrong.

Are you saying that you are going to override your boss decision at the workplace when he or she recommended someone to be hired? I don't think going that route will end well for you especially when you have a boss that wield so much power.

If my boss give me the authority to hire workers for the company, I believe that if he decides to hire someone behind my back, he will still inform me about it so I'm going to be aware of the whole thing. This is because there is no way that staff is going to pass through some documentation without my knowledge. In answering your question, I am not going to override my boss acts but I will have to speak with him to get clarification on some certain things about it.

If my boss give me the authority to hire workers for the company, I believe that if he decides to hire someone behind my back, he will still inform me about it so I'm going to be aware of the whole thing. This is because there is no way that staff is going to pass through some documentation without my knowledge. In answering your question, I am not going to override my boss acts but I will have to speak with him to get clarification on some certain things about it.

Speaking with your boss to have basic information about the new staff is key and also to understand why he had to make such decisions without letting you know in the first place. The thing that I like about some work structures is that the access to basic information that help to move the firm forward.

Speaking with your boss to have basic information about the new staff is key and also to understand why he had to make such decisions without letting you know in the first place. The thing that I like about some work structures is that the access to basic information that help to move the firm forward.

This is the reason why I believe that my boss who put me in a position to be the one in charge of recruitment is not going to do anything when it comes to that recruitment in my back in the first place. Even if he is interested in a particular candidate, he will most likely bring it up to me to help and assess the person's qualification as well.

If all the recruitment are supposed to be run through me and someone is supposedly hired without my knowledge, I believe that I have the power to terminate such appointment and make them to follow due process before someone is hired.

Well, in many cases, there may be another person who you may not want to get hired. However, in many cases, that particular person may get hired. You may have to deal with such people. If you are yourself a manager, then you must approve the appointment before a person could work.

If my manager hires someone I know with some questionable characters, I would call him to change the person because he would not get my approval for his final employment...

Well, in many cases, there may be another person who you may not want to get hired. However, in many cases, that particular person may get hired. You may have to deal with such people. If you are yourself a manager, then you must approve the appointment before a person could work.

What I'm trying to say is that in a situation whereby anyone who is to be employed by the company is going to be approved by me and someone was scouted and processed by the owner of the company, I am very sure that that information is still going to come to my own table for me to approve and submit everything to the owner finally.

What I'm trying to say is that in a situation whereby anyone who is to be employed by the company is going to be approved by me and someone was scouted and processed by the owner of the company, I am very sure that that information is still going to come to my own table for me to approve and submit everything to the owner finally.

I once applied at a company that required the employee to go through various screening tests and phases. It might be possible that a particular person in the human resource department may never want to hire you, but the other person may really want to hire you.

I do not think it is within my power to tell my employer who to hire or not. As long as the person could deliver on the job I would not have any thing against it. There are always division of labour in company so nobody dictate for anyone..

I once applied at a company that required the employee to go through various screening tests and phases. It might be possible that a particular person in the human resource department may never want to hire you, but the other person may really want to hire you.

There's nothing like personal preference when it comes to hiring a new worker in any company. It's only the business owner that have that privilege. When a team is raised and set up to carry out recruitment, there's a standard used to hire. They don't look at any team members personal preference.

There's nothing like personal preference when it comes to hiring a new worker in any company. It's only the business owner that have that privilege. When a team is raised and set up to carry out recruitment, there's a standard used to hire. They don't look at any team members personal preference.
Exactly, no one could ever sought your opinion concerning those to be hired in the company except you are member of the recruitment panel. There should be a standard for recruiting new employees in the company..

Well, in many cases, there may be personal motives when it comes to hiring someone and firing someone. This is a part of politics and this is a sad reality. This happens a lot in many places and I think that this should stop. There are many companies that tend to engage in such kind of practice.

If the final say still runs through me before anyone is hired, anyone whom the mangers hired won't have full approval until they get on my desk. If it warrants giving the managers queries for not following protocol, I will consider doing it.

Well, in many cases, there may be personal motives when it comes to hiring someone and firing someone. This is a part of politics and this is a sad reality. This happens a lot in many places and I think that this should stop. There are many companies that tend to engage in such kind of practice.

It depends on the level of company the workers recruitment is being carried out that you may see politics being played with whom is picked for employment. It's something that common in government jobs where they give quota to those employing. If it's a private business, it hardly happens.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds