Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Greed or over ambitious

Thosynho

Mythical member
Credits
Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree that greed is dangerous. In fact, it is greed that is the main factor why people fall into the trap of scams. They are greedy to think of the promised high yield of their investment like 20% a month means your investment will be doubled in 5 months. It is plain greed why some people would invest in that too good to be true investment offer. That is why in another thread I commented that I cannot be rich because I am not greedy for material wealth. When I have more than enough then that is enough.

Remember Gordon Gekko’s words in his infamous but interesting speech in the film “Wall Street”? The words, “Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, and knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind”, seems to catch the imagination of the time, and for many still stays there. It represented our age of individualism.

It may not be greed, but there are instances where it could mean greed though. As someone who is strategic, you need to sell whenever you have gotten enough profit and then reinvest. That's way to go, if you fail to sell and reinvest then it's purely greed.

even though the line among ambition and greed can now and again appear quite skinny, basically due to the fact each are goal-driven, there is a clean difference. ... simply positioned, ambition serves a motive while greed is self-serving

I wouldn't call wanting to stay in the market necessarily greed. Though that can be an issue sometimes if someone just won't settle for enough. But a lot of times it can have devastating backlash if you go forward with investing and then just won't take yourself out at any cost. The richest investors are the smartest investors and a lot of times they invest in something and make a lot and when it's time to sell their stock, they do it and move on to the next. You have to be a multi-investor. You can't always be centered around the same company or plot. It takes small amounts for certain companies and larger amounts for those where you believe you could make the most money. Depending on how much a small amount you give there are many times where you can make a killing and just hardly ever sell out.

Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?
Well I’m not sure if we should call that greed. No doubt some people do go overboard and become really greedy and as a result they loose all their money to investments, but I’ll say it all depends on the person and his or her needs at that particular time.

Although the line between ambition and greed can sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference. Simply put, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving,ambition is (uncountable|countable) eager or inordinate desire for some object that confers distinction, as preferment, honor, superiority, political power, or literary fame; desire to distinguish one's self from other people

Although the line between greed and ambition is quite thin,mostly because both are goals driven but both has a very big difference, being ambitious means an individual is serving a purpose, but being greedy mean an individual is self-serving, an ambitious person doesn't hope that others will loose their valuables he only thinks about about helping them and in so doing helping himself too, but a greedy individual only thinks about the downfall of another person, he thinks about how he can bring others down to take there place or bring then down so they can be at the same level, greedy energy is built on the fear of not having enough.

That is what a trader or investor should not do. That is one of the main reasons for the loss of all their investment and income. It often happens that those who become greedy are those who are above average level investors / entrepreneurs.

It actually is not greed, it is over confidence. It is the confidence that comes to winning; you get relaxed and feel that more winnings are coming. One get stuck with the winning mentality whereas the market is actually a ride between profit and losses. There is no investor that does not profit and would not lose.

Greed or overambitious are bad quality of a personality which greed has destroy many great nation's today over overambitious is case study of average Nigeria youth who wanna fly out of the country due bad leadership

All business are subject to loss. One not cashing out in no way signifies greed. The more you invest in to a business or forex the larger your returns. One will only sustain such huge losses if he is not an expert in the trade or if his trading platform is scam. But its Ok to cash out at the right time. I have traded my money in a platform.
I failed to cash out since I felt it will be better if I did that all at once. Well the platform was fake. I lost my money

Although the line between ambition and greed can sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference. ... Simply put, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving.

Although the line between ambition and greed can sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference. ... Simply put, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving.

That's just outright greediness and not over ambitiousness. The crypto currency exchange Business and stock trading are very volatile so if an investor can analyse a market and make a good profit the best thing to do next is to exit and wait for a major pull back before going back in

There's a thing line between greed and having an ambition. There's also a thin line between those that are very successful and those that are average and that's greed. The problem here is having excessive greed which is a real issue. In trading there are times when you have that gut feeling to hold a trade even though it has turn a profit. This is what having a good technical analysis can do, I won't call it greed.

The scenario you just narrated now is it pure greed. greed is when you go beyond the time when you are supposed to stop in during profit-making investment. That's why it is very good to always have existing strategy in order to to check your greed. Stop trade will give you chance to take your targeted profit out of investment without looking at the additional profits.

We can call it as greediness, and this always have negative effect on a person's life. When a person does not got satisfied with the reward, then he ho for the further rewards and in return he lost his previous balance, so always be wise and collect every penny that you got as profit and be grateful to God.

Although the line between ambition and greed can sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference. ... Simply put, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds