Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Google PageSpeed Insights

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
We all know how crucial it is to have a fast-loading website for both user experience and search engine rankings. But what does it really take to ace the PageSpeed Insights test and achieve that elusive 100/100 score?

For starters, we can all agree that Google PageSpeed Insights has become more than just a performance tool – it's practically the gold standard for measuring a website's speed and overall optimization. But here's the thing, obtaining a perfect score isn't as easy as it sounds. It requires a blend of technical know-how, continuous optimization efforts, and sometimes a pinch of wizardry.

Let's kick things off by sharing our success stories! Have you managed to hit that magical 100/100 score on your website? If so, we want to hear your strategies and techniques. What optimizations did you implement, and how did they impact your site's performance? Was it a smooth journey, or did you encounter any unexpected challenges?

On the flip side, if you're struggling to boost your PageSpeed Insights score, don't fret – you're not alone! Let's get into the challenges we face. Is it resource-heavy images that slow you down? Perhaps it's JavaScript that's acting up? Or maybe those third-party scripts are wreaking havoc on your loading times? Whatever the issue, the community is here to help!

Of course, we can't ignore the constant evolution of PageSpeed Insights itself. Google updates its algorithms, and suddenly, your once-stellar score starts plummeting. How do you keep up with these changes? What strategies do you employ to stay ahead of the curve and maintain optimal performance?

Additionally, we should discuss the trade-offs. Sometimes, achieving a perfect PageSpeed score might come at the cost of compromising certain features or design elements. How do you strike the right balance between speed and aesthetics/functionality? Is there ever a time when you prioritize one over the other?

Finally, we have to consider the impact of PageSpeed on SEO and user engagement. Have you noticed significant changes in your search rankings after improving your website's speed? Do faster load times genuinely lead to better user engagement and conversion rates?

Let's share our data and experiences to shed light on these connections.

Screenshot_53.png

My mobile insight still needs some work, which I'll be doing in the near future.

Screenshot_54.png

I've been meaning to reply to this thread, so I'll give a quick assendum.

I've been struggling getting my PageSpeed score up. It was 50-60 on mobile, 70--80 on desktop.

Well recently I removed three pieces of code from my entire website:
  • Google AdSense - I keep getting disapproved so I thought I'll just get rid of it.
  • Google Analytics - I can count page views in other ways, without all the extra stats that Google provides which I don't use
  • Bing Webmaster Verification - going to use the public_html file option instead.
And guess what... My score has jumped to 95+ for both mobile and desktop. Might just leave them off for now!

I've been meaning to reply to this thread, so I'll give a quick assendum.

I've been struggling getting my PageSpeed score up. It was 50-60 on mobile, 70--80 on desktop.

Well recently I removed three pieces of code from my entire website:
  • Google AdSense - I keep getting disapproved so I thought I'll just get rid of it.
  • Google Analytics - I can count page views in other ways, without all the extra stats that Google provides which I don't use
  • Bing Webmaster Verification - going to use the public_html file option instead.
And guess what... My score has jumped to 95+ for both mobile and desktop. Might just leave them off for now!
People don’t realize but AdSense does more harm than good.

People don’t realize but AdSense does more harm than good.
MOST of the Google supplied stuff does more "harm" than good when it comes to speed. Their fonts, their tags, Google analytics. Hell, even on their PageSpeed test.. your major "ding" areas are directly related to Google.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to get 100/100 with Xenforo. It doesn't support WebP so that's "next gen formats" will nearly always fail, or reduced score. lol

Edit: GTMetrix says pretty good, but not perfect.

Screenshot_20230808_120803_Edge.png

Last edited:
Oof I really need to work on my performance issues on TheeZone, my performance is at 59 on mobile and 84 on the desktop version. As for my new forum, which is based around Gex, I'm doing something right as the lowest score I have when analyzing the desktop version is 80 for accessibility. Text compression seems to be the biggest reason why TheeZone's performance is at a 59.

Almost all site that provide any kind of graphical interaction (images, etc) are going to score poorly on mobile. It's more a fact of life unless you have specific mobile code available.
What "specific mobile code" are you referring to?

What "specific mobile code" are you referring to?
Stripping extraneous CSS that is not needed, stripping any JS that may not be needed for mobile use, optimizing the image sizes for display in small viewports, eliminating display of certain items in small viewports.

Stripping extraneous CSS that is not needed, stripping any JS that may not be needed for mobile use, optimizing the image sizes for display in small viewports, eliminating display of certain items in small viewports.
Oh OK, makes sense now. One thing good about mobile mode on Jcink is the board wrapper does not take effect since it's a completely different layout than the desktop, and I use tons of JavaScript in my board wrapper.

Have you noticed significant changes in your search rankings after improving your website's speed? Do faster load times genuinely lead to better user engagement and conversion rates?
The answer to this specific question is yes! it does have have an impact. I recently worked on a client forum (Big board) and our stats have started to go high!

Had to remove lot of stuff that was not actually necessary for guest users. And the effect it had in last 5-7 days, can easily be seen in these graphs.

1691641835524.png 1691641894077.png

Though I don't actually pay lot of attention to Google PageSpeed insights as they are simulated by them, but rather I focus on improving the real world stats.

Real World PageSpeed Insights

1691642462843.png

Google Stimulated PageSpeed Insights

1691642534046.png1691642589554.png

There are really many techniques that one can use to improve real world stats rather than focusing on simulated PageSpeed insights as it doesn't consider lot of things especially for mobiles.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest