Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Getting overpaid by error?

Credits
Most of the time, workers are usually underpaid in most of their workplaces or companies. It's the common norm which is why most people are doing every possible to have their own business.

But there's always that one chance in a million space when a worker gets overpaid by error. Have something like this happened to you? Did you return the money?

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of the time, workers are usually underpaid in most of their workplaces or companies. It's the common norm which is why most people are doing every possible to have their own business.

But there's always that one chance in a million space when a worker gets overpaid by error. Have something like this happened to you? Did you return the money?

This has never happened to me. I was employed by a telemarketing firm. Their salary rates were horrible, however, I have always received an exact amount. If I ever get paid in an excessive manner by mistake, then I would surely return the money.

I've never been overpaid before, but if I did, I would bring it up to the boss, as I don't want to end up getting that pay, go on like nothing happened, and then later on them come at me asking for the money back. So, if you see what looks like too much money, or an error, report it, because if you don't, they could make it out like you were stealing it. Because it's always on you to report mistakes like this to management, because they will likely catch it later on, they always do.

I've never been overpaid before, but if I did, I would bring it up to the boss, as I don't want to end up getting that pay, go on like nothing happened, and then later on them come at me asking for the money back. So, if you see what looks like too much money, or an error, report it, because if you don't, they could make it out like you were stealing it. Because it's always on you to report mistakes like this to management, because they will likely catch it later on, they always do.

To be very honest with you, if there is a situation whereby I have been underpaid by the company and it's very obvious that they underpaid me, if something like this happens by error, I will definitely pretend as if that I was not aware and they will never blame me for it because there is no way I'm supposed to know that I was overpaid by mistake.

I once got overpaid some months later from my job I resigned from due to personal reasons I will not lie I was shocked I was so shocked I did not even let the mummy sleep the night in my account that very day in less than an hour I will give you the money out and the funny thing about it was I just called the friend that said let's go cheer.

I don't trust anyone who's working in the same company with me especially when I notice anything fishy. How can they overpay me? It's not ordinary and I will have to report to the accounting/payroll team of the discrepancies in my payment. For all I know, it may be a set up for me to fall into and get sacked.

Luckily I have never had this happen to me and I am very thankful. I have known people this has happened to and even though it was not their fault they were overpaid, they are usually made to have the amount that was overpaid taken from the following month's or week's wages to pay it back.

That can often leave people with less money than they thought and can cause issues over an error that was not made by themselves. More needs to be done to protect employers who get overpaid in error I feel instead of punishing the employer.

Luckily I have never had this happen to me and I am very thankful. I have known people this has happened to and even though it was not their fault they were overpaid, they are usually made to have the amount that was overpaid taken from the following month's or week's wages to pay it back.

That can often leave people with less money than they thought and can cause issues over an error that was not made by themselves. More needs to be done to protect employers who get overpaid in error I feel instead of punishing the employer.

It would even be painful when the person that was overpaid didn't know it believing that the whole money was his or her own and have it spent, only for them to be informed later that they have been overpaid. It always puts them in a very tight spots because they have been made to spend the money they shouldn't have and now they have to pay it back.

I have never been overpaid by error for my offline jobs, even if I was overpaid my employer would easily take it back. However, I have been overpaid a couple of times for my online tasks and I did not have to return it to the employer. Before the employer could ask me to return, I send a note thanking for the "bonus"

It has never happened to me. I have never been in a position where I was overpaid at the workplace and if such is going to happen, I will definitely return the money. There is no need trying to spend the money that was paid to you in error because it is wrong and the management will be disappointed with you once they find out.

I have never been overpaid by error for my offline jobs, even if I was overpaid my employer would easily take it back. However, I have been overpaid a couple of times for my online tasks and I did not have to return it to the employer. Before the employer could ask me to return, I send a note thanking for the "bonus"

You're very smart with that thank you note for the bonus, even if they wanted to ask for a refund, they will no longer know how to say it and leave it for you. I have experience that so many times with my clients but they pay the extra on purpose as a bonus. I have had more who short paid but they tops it up in their next order.

It has never happened to me. I have never been in a position where I was overpaid at the workplace and if such is going to happen, I will definitely return the money. There is no need trying to spend the money that was paid to you in error because it is wrong and the management will be disappointed with you once they find out.

Yes, I will never be comfortable to spend the money immediately. I might keep quiet on the money for two weeks to know if I would be called in by the accounting department. If they don't, I will report the discrepancies by myself.

Yes, I will never be comfortable to spend the money immediately. I might keep quiet on the money for two weeks to know if I would be called in by the accounting department. If they don't, I will report the discrepancies by myself.

Not a bad idea as long as you don't end up spending the money. You know it can be embarrassing when you spend some money that were given to you by error. The boss won't have any trust in you anymore when such happens. This is the reason I am going to report immediately when such a thing happens.

Not a bad idea as long as you don't end up spending the money. You know it can be embarrassing when you spend some money that were given to you by error. The boss won't have any trust in you anymore when such happens. This is the reason I am going to report immediately when such a thing happens.

Yes, I would never spend a dime it the whole money because I know there's a problematic issue with it. Using the money will be like committing and implicating myself when all of it could've been avoided by a mere report.

It is always very important for you to put yourself in a situation where by your employer is always going to have maximum trust for you. Money is always something that is always going to cause issue for people and if you're not careful the way you handle this kind of situation with your employer, they will most likely find it very difficult to work with you.

It is always very important for you to put yourself in a situation where by your employer is always going to have maximum trust for you. Money is always something that is always going to cause issue for people and if you're not careful the way you handle this kind of situation with your employer, they will most likely find it very difficult to work with you.

That is the point. I understand that it is very difficult for anyone to say that they can easily turn down the temptation of spending office money paid to you by error. However, it is important to overcome that temptation in order to improve the trust that your boss has in you.

That is the point. I understand that it is very difficult for anyone to say that they can easily turn down the temptation of spending office money paid to you by error. However, it is important to overcome that temptation in order to improve the trust that your boss has in you.

Being trusted by your employer at a workplace is something that is always going to be beneficial to you because they will find it very easy to work with you. Even sometimes, they are going to find it very easy to give you money without even asking for it because they will always be appreciative of your trust.

Being trusted by your employer at a workplace is something that is always going to be beneficial to you because they will find it very easy to work with you. Even sometimes, they are going to find it very easy to give you money without even asking for it because they will always be appreciative of your trust.

That trust is what I aim to develop at any place that I am working. I want a situation where I am trusted by them and being transparent with finances is one of the fastest ways to ensure that I achieve that goal too since a lot of staff members will want to cheat when money is involved.

That trust is what I aim to develop at any place that I am working. I want a situation where I am trusted by them and being transparent with finances is one of the fastest ways to ensure that I achieve that goal too since a lot of staff members will want to cheat when money is involved.

It is always something that is very encouraging for you to work in a way that your employer is always going to have high faith in you especially when it comes to anything that have to do with money. There are some employees that can never be trusted with even the smallest amount of money in their workplace.

It is always something that is very encouraging for you to work in a way that your employer is always going to have high faith in you, especially when it comes to anything that have to do with money. There are some employees that can never be trusted with even the smallest amount of money in their workplace.

One of the bad traits that I hate is stealing, and whenever I notice that any staff is trying to do it under my watch, I get mad at such staff members. Sometimes, it may warrant the staff member being sent home on suspension without pay, too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds