Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Getting Lazy

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
Do you find yourself getting lazier when it comes to reply and making topics on your forum after it's become sort of self-sufficient? I mean, after a while activity will start happening without you having to be the sole creator of it, but do you still contribute a large portion of activity at this point, or do you become lazy and stop creating content/slow down?

For me, it's a mix. Some days I'm super lazy and barely reply. Other days I get less lazy and reply a bit and might even make some topics. I've just basically wiped myself out making all those topics before, you know? Need a break :unsure:

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it's necessary for admins to stay active, you can't rely for active users to keep "your" site afloat.. heck I've not been posting these last few days as much because I'm shattered from the last few weeks, so it's necessary in my eyes for you to keep your own site filled with content, obviously you can rely on your community to create content and such but that isn't always a sure thing, say your most active member is sick one day then activity instantly drops.. then you need to make sure that there is still content for users to reply to etc

I understand where your coming from Sylar, it happens to most forum owners. :) But you need to stay active unless your forum can achieve 150 posts per day + without your help....

Thanks <3 I've been working outside all day building and driving the van to the scrap yard.. Wrecked.. I'll try be on a lot tonight! :wink:

Thanks <3 I've been working outside all day building and driving the van to the scrap yard.. Wrecked.. I'll try be on a lot tonight! :wink:
You would pick tonight to be on when I have to do my portfolio wouldn't you? :p I wanted 1800 posts/12k Overall tonight. :(

If you can slowly leave and not post anymore and the site works on its own without you posting, then feel free to relax.
Steve Jobs mentioned that the way to measure success in Apple would be to see if it would still be great when he left. (not exact wording)
If your site can stay alive, and new posts come in without you there then be happy man and feel free to kick back :) Though don't forget about your site!

If you can slowly leave and not post anymore and the site works on its own without you posting, then feel free to relax.
Steve Jobs mentioned that the way to measure success in Apple would be to see if it would still be great when he left. (not exact wording)
If your site can stay alive, and new posts come in without you there then be happy man and feel free to kick back :smile: Though don't forget about your site!
That will be the day :)

I've been known to get lazy in the past, but it's my fault mostly thinking staff would help take care of the place while I'm gone. I'm not very good at promoting people I guess. :p Well I am, but it seems they only want the title then leave... So yeah I've been lazy with posting on one of my old forums before, but I haven't made one in like two years or so. I think if I were to make one it would be a lot different now. A time of laziness will occur, but inspiration will pop up anywhere and I'll post like a madman again.

I always liked running forums, but I also like helping out other communities by being active too. I dunno, it's hard work but I enjoy it so yeah. I'm rambling now. :p

I've been busy all this week, work, dogs and now my grans anniversary.. hopefully by the weekend I'll have a lot more free time!

Have any of you found that you've had many other commitments and simply were too tired/didn't have enough time to tend to forum matters? What were your results??

Have any of you found that you've had many other commitments and simply were too tired/didn't have enough time to tend to forum matters? What were your results??
Yes, my results were laziness on my part xD

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds