Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Games you just don't enjoy or like?

Kale

Addicted member
Retired Staff
Credits
Borderlands is a series I just cannot get into, and find it pretty boring. I admit playing it with a friend or watching somebody online it becomes better. I also don't care much for Call of Duty anymore as I used to. I also am not very big on the roguelike/roguelite genre either.

I cannot get my head around most RPG or strategy games. Strategy games, in general, probably hurt my brain more than created enjoyment.

I cannot get my head around most RPG or strategy games. Strategy games, in general, probably hurt my brain more than created enjoyment.
I love RPG genre games, but am not huge on strategy games at all.

I'm honestly bored by the entirety of the first person shooter genre. As far as I'm concerned it hasn't moved since Quake - and the only real progressions it's made are in play modes that I have no interest in (i.e. human vs human). Borderlands at least had some interesting material and characters but... didn't grab me. Halo and Mass Effect, I'd have been interested in all the story and lore if I could skip all the, y'know, gameplay in the middle.

I also don't enjoy 'horror' games that often because horror doesn't mean 'jump scare every 5 minutes' or 'make it a gore fest', you can create a horror vibe without any of that.

I'm with Arantor, stuff that is really gore and guts would be games that turn me off.

I like horror games like Slenderman or the Siren monster. The unknown if you will. Having to look around constantly.

Anything that takes too much time to progress and build in. RPG gaming being one of them. I don't have the time nor can I enjoy long story games because at some point I game every day and other points I game hardly once a month. Yes, Call of Duty couldn't be more repetitive in their titles, but that's all I do really. I started playing games doing racing, and now I can't even enjoy that or be bothered to play.

Horror games scare me too much, but I love to watch streamers play this sort of games.

I'm honestly bored by the entirety of the first person shooter genre
I am too, honestly. It's gotten so boring anymore and why I avoid FPS games of any kind. I actually sort of enjoyed Dying Light 1 and 2 though.

I am too, honestly. It's gotten so boring anymore and why I avoid FPS games of any kind. I actually sort of enjoyed Dying Light 1 and 2 though.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've never seen the appeal of FPS games either.

(Pretty much the closest thing I'll play are the Fallout games, but those aren't really FPSes: they're first-person RPGs that happen to have guns in them :p )

So, I used to love and enjoy playing Battlefield games. It's one of the video games series that used to make a lot of sense to me. But after what they had developed in Battlefield 2042, I hated my experience with playing the game. I never played it again after my first try.

PUBG is definitely a game I would say I don't enjoy or like which seems to be popular with so many other people. I remember trying it out in around 2018 I think it was and I just found the whole play style and how slow the game was just not something I enjoyed so I never went back to it. Even now people are still playing it and it's not something I could ever see myself going back to.

Fortnite and even Minecraft also are games I never cared for at all. I just found Minecraft to be boring and not my cup of tea.

Fortnite and even Minecraft also are games I never cared for at all. I just found Minecraft to be boring and not my cup of tea.
As for Minecraft, I used to love playing it a long time ago especially when I play in the creative mode. But over the last couple of years, I have lost interest in playing it.

As for Fortnite, I was heavily addicted to playing it so much in 2018-2019. It was the year I spent heavily in the game's microtransactions. But it's not like that anymore. I play the game once in a while now.

I hate playing video games that are repetitive in its gameplay. A very good example is some games on mobile phones like Temple Run and Subway Surf. There's no fun in playing that kind of game.

I hate playing video games that are repetitive in its gameplay. A very good example is some games on mobile phones like Temple Run and Subway Surf. There's no fun in playing that kind of game.
You're right about those two games being repetitive in its gameplay but they are better for me to play than Candy Crush Saga on smartphone. It's one game on mobile phone that I hate so much.

Minecraft was fine if you could find something you wanted to make; all of the sandbox genre ultimately is about finding your own fun, and that's fine, but I get how that could be boring for some people.

I tapped out of Minecraft in 2011 or so after many, many hours. I made a thing.

135336_10150124037643628_2959376_o.jpg

That pyramid is 85 squares along each side, and it's using the half-height bricks, and inside is a 6-floor labyrinth to get to the room directly under the top centre square of the pyramid. But I've only gone back to it once since then and I was bored in half an hour.

I used to enjoy playing Gears of War. But for the past few years now, I no longer have the stomach for it. It was as if something changed in the game and it never felt the same way again.

I couldn't get into Battlefield personally. I tried and tried just couldn't get used to it!

I'm not a fan of rogue like RPGs, I rather not have to worry about taking care of my characters when I already have to do that in real life lol. I also don't like visual novel games, I don't mind watching other people play them. I just don't get the appeal of barely doing anything in a game to progress. The only one I would play is The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog (which I still haven't got around to playing yet.)

I used to love playing Final Fantasy, but later came to really hate the level grinding that those games come with such as how bad it got with Final Fantasy 13.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor