Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forumotion

MrPanos

Renowned member
Credits
I think that Forumotion is the most popular free forum software because of its numerous and unique features. In addition, there is a wide variety of themes and there are four versions; PunBB, phpBB2, phpBB3 and Invision. They can be customized and personalized in order to meet your own needs. However, if you need more disk space, you will have to pay for credits. Also, the support is not so good because there is no online chats, just a support forum.
Personally, I created my first forum with Forumotion and I was very satisfied with it until I understood that I wanted to have access to more parts of my forums ( databases etc ).
What are your thoughts about Forumotion? Have you ever used its services?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't use it anymore because I prefer to have more control over my forum. It is good but since it didn't fit my needs I used it only until I got some money for creating a self hosted site.

Forumotion is a decent free forum host, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you can avoid using a free forum host, you should. Even if you do want to use a free forum host, ProphpBB, Jcink, Zetaboards, etc. would probably be a better option. Free forum hosts are a good starting point, and I can tell you that I personally started on ProBoards. I don't miss that at all. :p

Forumotion is a good when it comes to free forum hosting. If you are a first time admin or someone who is still new owning their own forum, it is a good way to go about owning your own forum.

Forumotion is okay, I guess. I still haven't seen a Forumotion forum that I actually like. If I were to recommend a free forum host to someone, hosts like ProphpBB, IcyBoards, or Zetaboards would be a far better option if you're a new and inexperienced admin.

Forumotion is alright for a free software, but it's always better to get a more premium software.
Even MyBB is a much better choice than Forumotion.

Forum promotion was the pinpoint to me starting forums. They also never shutdown a forum. My very first forum was started in Apr 10 2009, I know that because the first forum I've ever made is still there, and I can see my register date XD Without forumotion I would have never been into forums. The first active forum I had was on Forumotion and made me completely understand how fun, and entertaining it is to own a forum. From then on I have used forums as a hobby of mine.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds