Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🚫 Closed/Paused ForumExplorers.com Files, Database, Domain, Xenforo License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Legendary member
Gold Member
Credits
Domain registered for one year expiring 2024-10-20 registered through IONOS.

Forum Statistics: 161 Members, 4,123 Threads, 19,579 Posts.

License expires Mar 17, 2024.

I may be able to chuck in a couple of the paid add-ons if needed if I can transfer the licenses. Those interested can discuss with me.

Just want to see what type of offers I can get and if there's anyone interested. I want to see what sort of offers I can get but considering the domain is something that can be used for any sort of genre (Mostly I guess?) and the license I would be hoping for $250-$300.

The database is probably the only thing of any value.

The domain is generic, the licence is purchasable by anyone, the style is a modified premium style. If I were you I would hold off on selling the database as it stands as the rest of the stuff will just be wasted.

(Sorry @Alex)

Well that didn’t take you long again, did it?
From start up, merges to a potential niche change. And then the splitting off selling everything. All under 2 months.

Could make a topical kinship to that forums.wiki project I saw somewhere here. That's honestly the only way forward I see for it from a niche/domain perspective, the rest is a standard OT board.

I am aware of your offer of $100. Would you be able to do $150?

You should publicly state that a portion of this database is in the hands of other individuals and could potentially appear on other forums.

You should publicly state that a portion of this database is in the hands of other individuals and could potentially appear on other forums.
I wasn't aware of Discussion Block until I asked the ex owner as I had assumed it was just for me. But if it was on other forums it would only be on one (if it is).

I wasn't aware of Discussion Block until I asked the ex owner as I had assumed it was just for me. But if it was on other forums it would only be on one (if it is).

I hope you’ve informed everyone who has expressed interest this.

If you can get confirmation that the content isn’t anywhere else and won’t ever be anywhere else, I’d buy.

If you can get confirmation that the content isn’t anywhere else and won’t ever be anywhere else, I’d buy.
For a merge into DiscussionHub?

This is always the risk with buying and selling databases and the requirement for trust in transactions of such nature.

I could sell a database and then reuse that database elsewhere or even sell it again (and again!) to another unsuspecting buyer.

I’m not saying you have or would, but if there’s duplicate content someone somewhere has pulled a fast one. Do you know who it was? We should maybe be able to have a ‘shit-list’ of people who have done unscrupulous things such as this so we can avoid them in future.

The owner of Discussion Block gave me the Discussion Block database for free.

This is always the risk with buying and selling databases and the requirement for trust in transactions of such nature.

I could sell a database and then reuse that database elsewhere or even sell it again (and again!) to another unsuspecting buyer.

I’m not saying you have or would, but if there’s duplicate content someone somewhere has pulled a fast one. Do you know who it was? We should maybe be able to have a ‘shit-list’ of people who have done unscrupulous things such as this so we can avoid them in future.
A list of people doing fraudulent things sounds good. I might even reintroduce a transactions feedback add on back on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor