Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Forum SEO - Using SEO for Connected Site

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
I don't think SEO works well for a forum, but a way around it is creating a blog that is super-optimized for SEO and then drive traffic from it to your forum.

Questions:

What might be some obstacles?

What are some unique thoughts on the matter?

How would the blog be designed so as to provide this solution?

SEO is not specific to content type. SEO is simply making sure that your content is readily accessible and optimized for search engines to easily read, so they can in turn return your website in relevant queries.

An IPS client asked about SEO on the Invision Community forums, and I shared some thoughts:

Questions like this on forum admin sites can actually hurt struggling admins, who think that focusing on SEO is important because this question comes up so often. SEO can be important, but only after focusing on what actually matters.

On a final note, Google is very, very good at figuring out what Google wants, regardless of any SEO that you try to do.

The key words there are the things like authoritative content; Google can tell the difference between that and 'a discussion in a forum' and the latter is distinctly a second class citizen at this point.

Well, I'm sure a forum on Neil Patel's site won't do serious damage, but he's a top SEO guru.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest