Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum raids

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
Has your forum ever been raided? If you have, how did you deal with it? If you haven't, how would you deal with it?

Advertisement Placeholder
That has ben a long time since I've seen a forum raid. I'd turn off registration for a day or two or even do member approval only for a few days. I never have been a staff member who dealt with it, but have been on forums that got raided before. I sometimes joined during a raid not knowing and have been banned on accident before.

That has ben a long time since I've seen a forum raid. I'd turn off registration for a day or two or even do member approval only for a few days. I never have been a staff member who dealt with it, but have been on forums that got raided before. I sometimes joined during a raid not knowing and have been banned on accident before.

This is one of the best steps to take. Turning off the registration link will make the raiders not have access to spamming and messing up the forum. This is something that takes experience to achieve.

Forum raids are a thing I haven't seen in a while - mostly because actually coordinating a raid takes effort because you need to get everyone onto the forum to do anything. Much easier on places that already have accounts where the raiding doesn't take as much effort (e.g. Reddit, Twitch) but I suppose if forums have the social medias set up as login points that could happen that way.

I actually had this happen to me on my Mighty No. 9 forum. It was during the time Gamergate was going on... I mistakenly forgot to turn on registration approval and had a flood of accounts start trolling and raiding my forum. I didn't know what was going on at first since I had logged on after getting home from work... That was a nightmare to deal with. I think I still have the chat log from Skype saved on one of my hard drives since I used skype to communicate with my co-admin at the time.

I don't think I've ever seen a forum raid in the history of forums I've been a part of. There's been a lot of people flaming and trolling, but I wouldn't have necessarily called them raids.

Are you sure about this? I've seen some forums get attacked especially by some forums in the same niche. I think it is all about jealousy on their part which is something that I don't understand.

I recall one time I witnessed something like a raid. It was an attack on an advertising forum called New Age Ads. One of the admins of that board was named Speedjammer who was notorious for Pm promoting any board he was staff of which really pisses people off so it wasn't hard to find people willing to do the attack. I don't know how many were there attacking the place but the attack drew quite a crowd both attackers and bystanders watching the attack and laughing at the antics of what was going on. I recall Dan the Man was there and he would from time to time post an emote of a man eating popcorn from time to time. It went on for hours and they racked upwards of over a thousand posts before anyone came on who could stop it. It took them hours to clean up the mess they left. lol I'd say it was one of the funniest things I witnessed as a forum user.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds