Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Flying

Credits
Flying is probably my favourite way to travel. I think I always associate it with going on Summer family holidays as a child, so there's always something magical about heading to the airport to catch a flight for me. I usually go on 2 or 3 holidays/breaks per year where I'm on a plane, plus I usually have 2 conferences a year with work which I also fly down to, so I would say I'm quite used to it and don't really get scared.

How are you with getting on planes and flying, is it something you do frequently or are you a nervous flyer?
Have you ever had a bad experience on a flight before?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never been on a bigger plane.

I've flown Cessna planes. I've actually flown them as in co-pilot them. But only in the air through a program called Civil Air Patrol. I never took off or landed one but could had if I wanted to go that route.

One of these days, I'll fly on a big plane to travel somewhere but then again, I like the idea of driving better. More places to stop and see.

I've never been on a bigger plane.

I've flown Cessna planes. I've actually flown them as in co-pilot them. But only in the air through a program called Civil Air Patrol. I never took off or landed one but could had if I wanted to go that route.

One of these days, I'll fly on a big plane to travel somewhere but then again, I like the idea of driving better. More places to stop and see.

I much prefer bigger planes! In 2019, I flew on a Dash 8 Q400 and it was the smallest plane I'd ever flown on and because it was a propeller plane, it made me a bit anxious! It was only to catch a connecting flight in London though, so I was on it for less than an hour.

The biggest I've been on was an A350-1000 on my way to New York (same holiday actually, that was my connecting flight). Brand new aircraft too, think it was about a month old.

If I had the money, I'd be doing it at least 6 months a year to visit my sister that lives out of state, but right now, only my mom and dad are visiting her. They're leaving tomorrow, in fact, to go visit her.

I don't mind flying, it can be a little frightening when there's bad weather or a lot of turbulence, but other than that, it's not too bad. Much better than taking days to get to your destination instead of hours.

My first time flying was to go to my sisters wedding one weekend October of 2021. I had to get on one plane and then RUN to the other boarding spot and get on a puddle jumper. The whole experience wasn't awful getting there. The puddle jumper was a bit not roomy enough for my fat self lol. On the way back we got on the puddle jumper and landed and then our other flight to get back to Dallas - there wasn't a crew to be able to fly. We had to stay there that night and we went back the next morning and had another delay. It was an experience. lol.

I'm not so against flying, but the layover and delays can suck!

I haven't flown since 2019. I mostly try to sleep on the plane.

I have never flown. Many think I am crazy when I say I haven't but I have never needed to. I actually have a huge fear of flying and it is a fear I would like to get over if I am honest as many people tell me it's a great experience flying in a plane.

I have even been told by some to buy a cheap return ticket and just fly to somewhere not too far and back again when I have the money. It's something I have considered but not done.

I have never flown. Many think I am crazy when I say I haven't but I have never needed to. I actually have a huge fear of flying and it is a fear I would like to get over if I am honest as many people tell me it's a great experience flying in a plane.

I have even been told by some to buy a cheap return ticket and just fly to somewhere not too far and back again when I have the money. It's something I have considered but not done.
Can't speak for long haul flights but have been on plenty of short 20-30min flights between NZ's north & south islands.

First time i was 12, it was a small plane with maybe a dozen others going from Wellington International to Picton's (*😄grass paddock) aerodrome.
Was nervous AF and the weather that day was,....🤭....
...intense—especially for a tiny single engine junker.

😂Omg it was fricken terrifying.

The pilot ended up doing countless laps, peeps were breaking out those paper chunder bags and three aborted landing attempts later we're finally bouncing along the paddock strip rapidly shedding velocity.
View attachment 1116
[*😄It didn't have a sealed strip in 1998]
Wasn't til age 23 that i went on another flight, nervous as heel too.

Luckily the weather was an absolute beaut and the plane was much larger—kinda gutted when we landed, i was enjoying the magnificent view.

Can't speak for long haul flights but have been on plenty of short 20-30min flights between NZ's north & south islands.

First time i was 12, it was a small plane with maybe a dozen others going from Wellington International to Picton's (*😄grass paddock) aerodrome.
Was nervous AF and the weather that day was,....🤭....
...intense—especially for a tiny single engine junker.

😂Omg it was fricken terrifying.

The pilot ended up doing countless laps, peeps were breaking out those paper chunder bags and three aborted landing attempts later we're finally bouncing along the paddock strip rapidly shedding velocity.
View attachment 1116
[*😄It didn't have a sealed strip in 1998]
Wasn't til age 23 that i went on another flight, nervous as heel too.

Luckily the weather was an absolute beaut and the plane was much larger—kinda gutted when we landed, i was enjoying the magnificent view.
I will admit the view does look amazing and I often do think to myself that I will regret it if I don't try even just once in my lifetime. The short flight may be the place to start and then see how things go after that. :)

I think I was around 14-16 years old when I took my first flight and it was to either Turkey or Tunisia. I can't remember which was first. Ever since then I've been on planes numerous times. The longest I've flown was from Miami to Brussels with a detour to Georgia.

I've only flown twice, I went to Florida when I was 11 years old during the summertime and we flew down to Florida and back. It didn't bother me at all, I thought it was amusing seeing all the houses down on the ground. I probably wouldn't fly these days though, I'd rather travel by train if I have that option to!

I went to Florida when I was 11 years old during the summertime and we flew down to Florida and back.
I think Florida was my first or second plane trip. It was either that or Ohio. My sister got granted a wish from the Wish With Wings foundation due to all her heart problems. We went to Disney World, Universal Studios, and possibly Sea World too. All were paid by the foundation I mentioned. We even got to drive in a limo up to the airport. The only time I'd been in a limo my entire life.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds