Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Find a Forum (Website)

veloman

Recognized member
Website
velo.chat
Credits
I've discovered this site in my travels: FindAForum.net

I'm not sure how valuable the traffic is But for those looking for new forums it's an obvious site to go to, so it might be a decent source of organic traffic to our forums.

It has a domain authority of 37 (MOZ) and domain rating of 49 (ahrefs). It also has a total of 209k backlinks to it - so it's quite popular!

The catch? There are a few requirements to get added, but the main ones are that you have to have 100 users and 1000 posts. The latter is fairly easy, the former a little more difficult.

Does anyone think it's a worthwhile target? :)

Looks cool. Website seems to be loading slow though. Still, I added AJ to the list. :)

I've never actually heard of this forum before! It's a shame that they require at least 100 members though... I think they should allow forums with any amount of members and at least maybe 100 posts. Though I suppose the reason why they have these restrictions is because they don't want brand new forums on the site.

Just found out this site hasn't been updated in a long time. Many of those websites don't work anymore and when browsing the new forums, their post counts are higher than listed, so I'm guessing that website doesn't have any frequent updates.

Just found out this site hasn't been updated in a long time. Many of those websites don't work anymore and when browsing the new forums, their post counts are higher than listed, so I'm guessing that website doesn't have any frequent updates.
I did noticed there were some dead links. It's a bit of a shame if it is rarely updated though, there isn't really any definitive forum directories that I can see

Suppose there is no harm in sticking a site on there. Worst case scenario it just doesn't appear.

I found this a while back myself but was unable to submit my forum as I was not at the requirements. After looking again though, I now can not find anything regarding the requirements they had before so I have submitted it to see if it gets added :)

I love how they have a blog one as well which is ideal for anyone who has blogs :)

I got an error trying to submit my forum. Oh well, if the site is old and not updated often, if at all, then I guess there's no point in submitting my forum anyway.

Reminds me of the old site "Big Boards" that had some of the largest boards across the internet listed in their directory, and when they mean "big boards" they meant forums that had thousands of posts and members.

I checked the site, the owner says it was started in 2013. If that is true, it can be really good to submit our forums in the directory. Sadly, none of my forums meet the requirements of 100 members and 1000 posts.

You are correct...

I vaguely recalls submitting my sites many years ago. They were never listed.

Are directories a popular source of traffic anymore? If they are, perhaps someone could start a more updated one? AJ obviously has a directory, perhaps if there was a standalone website which linked to AJ's directory it would be a good source of traffic for AJ as well? @Cedric

I've never used directories before for forums, only for gaming servers etc.

Are directories a popular source of traffic anymore? If they are, perhaps someone could start a more updated one? AJ obviously has a directory, perhaps if there was a standalone website which linked to AJ's directory it would be a good source of traffic for AJ as well? @Cedric

I've never used directories before for forums, only for gaming servers etc.
We have a toplist in a standalone website.

It has some good traffic, but nothing major yet. Haven’t really advertised it much too till this point.

Reactions: SDL

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest