Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Financial Responsibility: How should it be shared when couples runs a family/joint business?

Dylinks

Addicted member
Credits
Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks.

Advertisement Placeholder
In joint business, the couple should have a common purse but also have their individual accounts. The funds in the joint account could be certain percentages of their income and will be used to take care of the home and all that pertains to it.

Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks.
Yes it is a true suggestion that man should run his headship in terms of financial responsibilities because a leader is very necessary to run a family. If everyone considers himself a leader then the financial balance will ruin out. So a head is very important.

In our culture a business that is equally owned by a couple (in case of single proprietorship) should not be an issue when it comes to management. Naturally there is intimacy between the husband and wife that they can easily resolve who should handle the steering wheel of the business. When I had my boutique I was manning the store during weekdays but my wife handles it during weekends when she has no job. With the revenue, of course, the consideration is OURS which means it is hers and mine.

My parents seems to be sharing responsibility for our finances. My father has a stable job but he pay is too little for our everyday lives. My mother has sideline job and I'm actually amazed at how well she manage the money given by my father. Most of the time it's not enough so she uses the money from her sideline.

Family financial management is a universal problem, but has to do with the individual family. A wife my like to be part of the financial management while another may want her husband to take charge when it comes to finances

Here are some of my tips.

Talk about Finances together: It's basic for the two accomplices to be on the same wavelength in cash matters. One necessities to keep the other educated about protection arrangements, shared assets and other venture items. Make a point to dole out your mate as candidate in all speculations.

Dodge pointless spending: With youthful couples having abundant extra cash nowadays, one may be enticed to purchase the most recent telephone or that chic SUV, yet don't be hasty to make such purchases. "In the event that you purchase things you don't require, soon you should sell things you need".- Warren Buffet

Set up a backup stash: Always be monetarily ready for crises, and attempt to have in any event 3-6 months costs put aside as just-in-case account. This ought to incorporate your everyday costs and EMIs. It is a smart thought to set up a shared service for this reason where you both can contribute a total each month.

Financial responsibility in the family is determined by some key factors.
A man that doesn't even enough money or earns less than his wife should take a back seat and let the woman become the financial head until he can get back on his feet again.
[automerge]1609159290[/automerge]
Financial responsibility in the family is determined by some key factors.
A man that doesn't even enough money or earns less than his wife should take a back seat and let the woman become the financial head until he can get back on his feet again.

There is no hard and fast rule concerning financial responsibilities in marriage. It depends on what works for each couple. While I would recommend women helping out with some of the responsibilities, I will also stress that the man is supposed to take care of his family's needs and the woman is a help to him.

The major crux of financial obligations should be done by man. It is very shameful of a man that shares financial responsibility with his wife. The wife can only help to ease the burden. That is my take on the issue.

In a joint business, I think the couple's should plan the financial expenditures of the home together since their accounts are most likely to be joint account to run the business.
This kind of arrangement in a family creates bonding and togetherness of the family unit. They can take the spending and saving decision of the family together making it much easy to maintain the family balance.
This is the kind of system I hope to maintain when I get married.

The husband usually has major contribution in the account. In most cases, he contributes more of the savings, while the wife contributions to the account are usually less. Most times they both have equal right of access to the funds deposited in joint account without the use of share ratio.

Before looking at responsibility they need to look at the percentage with which each of them contribute to become partner in the business they should share their income based on the capital contributed.coming to shared responsibility in family the couple just need to understand themselves.

In every ideal family settings, it is a known fact that the man is the bread winner, that shows the sign of being responsible. But, in such a situation where couple run family business, the man might be obliged to perform his headship responsibility by using 10percent out of the earned profit to cater for the family needs.

Financial responsibility should be shared between couples and this depends solely on the income generated by the couples. It doesn’t necessarily have to be 50/50. Anyone who earns more should cover more of the expenses and bills

The couple surely will have a business account, but when it comes to taking responsibilities, I think the husband will take his normal responsibilities regardless of how much they earn

Yes, the man is the head of the family and also every business the family engage in. From my own perspective, the man should head the business and give orders on how it should run and also manage the system. While on the other hand the duty of the wife is to support him and make sure the idea and method he chooses to run the business works out well.

when it comes to things like this they will always think the eldest should be responsible for the finncial path, but that is a wrong logic because some elders can be incompetent, so I think a scanned should be done in things like this
The most trusted one should amass that position
So that is my opinion

Yes, husband can be in controlling of financial. Because as my country culture husband is a head of family. And nothing bad in joint of account as husband and wife as far there is Love and trust between them. My wife and I can join business there's nothing bad.

The couple's should share responsible together as they jointly run a business firm. I don't see any fringes that a man takes financial responsibilities alone. Both are meant to contribute immensely, that's why they are called couple.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds