Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Financial Responsibility: How should it be shared when couples runs a family/joint business?

Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks.
The fact is that the man remains the bread winner of the family ,and thus should provide all the things that the family needs , however the woman is also expected to contribute towards the family , both financially and other wise.

Advertisement Placeholder
As far as am concerned, if a couple runs a joint Business, the finance of the family should be shared equally. This can not be done only if the both agree on percentage and the husband takes the larger share from the profit of the business while the wife take the rest of the profit. It all depends on agreement though

It may not be necessarily be the man, any of the partner who is very knowledgeable in the business in question can take the lead in the management not the entity. In my time, I have seen many successful joint business between couples so I think it can work out if properly planned.

Financial responsibility should be shared equally if they run family or joint business reason is they both have similar source of incone and they are couples to help and assist one another. So sharing of responsibility should be a problem to the couples.

Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks.
Since they’re running a joint business, it’s only smart for the responsibility to be handled jointly too. because IMO it’s still from the business he’d get The money

Family financial is best provided by the husband, and any other body can support with whatever they can add to it. And if both partner run a business together, and it is the source of their income. They will need be more careful so that they did not spend all profit on house hold needs.

The key word here is trust. As long as they trust each other they can run the business together.
This gives for a more efficient running of the business instead of it being dumped on one person alone.

Couples also can each maintain a separate account and set up a joint account for bills and household expenses. Having separate accounts allows you to maintain your financialindependence, while the joint account ensures you both contribute to the bills.

Sharing of profits in a business does not determine whether you are a family,friends or couple.you share your profit according to your commitment towards the business.culture does not determine or the husband claiming to be the head of the family.

I think having a joint account is great, buy I will stills suggest that the couples use their individual accounts privately. The joint account should be used for family emergencies and funds and they
Should both contribute immensely to the savings in the account, that's why they are called couple. I also think the couple should plan their financial expenditures of the home together.

Logically, it's the duty or responsibility of the husband to carter for the needs of both his wife and children, even when the wife is also working. But if the responsibility is to shared, it has be ratio 80:20, husband : wife.

If a family have a joint business which means that they have a same source of income, naturally every financial responsibilities required for the family upkeep will come from the business. And the decision of what to spend on and the amount to spend must be reach collectively.

Not saying this because I am a lady, but I feel the husband should take the main and normal responsibilities he is supposed to take, the wife is just there to support, this will even make the man be respected as this husband

Not even only couples can have a joint buisness,friends and families can also comes together to have a joint buisness and joint account,the most important thing is you must have a written agreement which must be duly followed and fully documented so as to avoid unseen circumstances.trust is another issue if there is trust then you don't have to stress about sharing profits and also counting your looses.

Financial responsibility between family, husband and wife, the desire of every man is that he should continue to be the head of the family even in financial matters, but in case of a joint account , certain percentage should be agreed upon for that

for a family running joint account, the family responsibilities should be shared between them base on mutual understanding. It's true the man is the head of the house and has the sole responsibility of providing for his family, on the other hand the wife should assist too. Family expenditure should be deducted from the joint account on agreement. They should agree on the amount to be used each month for expenses

Women say a lot of things, based on bias and unwarranted feminism, I think In a family where there's love and understanding such matters wouldn't arise. Though a man is seen as the breadwinner of the family, the wife should also contribute in her own little way, because I've seen families where the women are the sources of the major source of income.

How you manage your finances will depend on your attitudes to money.

You might find some areas where you’re happy to share the responsibility, but others where you need to reach a compromise.

Before you get started, try to understand each other’s approach and attitude to money.

Financial responsibility are mostly shared sixty pecentge for the husband while the wife has forty percent financial responsibilities. In most family it all depends on the incomes of the couple, sometimes the man has the highest financial responsibility while sometimes it's the woman. As couple they are one so it doesn't matter who has the highest financial responsibility anyone can take responsibility when it matters.

If they run a joint business, then there should be no problem at all managing responsibility.
They both just have to talk about everything, and decide on it.
The most important thing is that they are sincere to each other. There shouldn't be any problems with that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds