Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Favorite Advertisement Spot?

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
What's your favorite spot to put ads in? Generally a good ad spot can be right in the middle of not annoying your members and actually making money. I'm a pretty big fan of ads on the top right corner, or under first post ads. Those seem to do well at making money and not pissing off members. What about you? Where's your favorite ad spot?

Advertisement Placeholder
What's your favorite spot to put ads in? Generally a good ad spot can be right in the middle of not annoying your members and actually making money. I'm a pretty big fan of ads on the top right corner, or under first post ads. Those seem to do well at making money and not pissing off members. What about you? Where's your favorite ad spot?

I like headers the most. One, the advertisers get what they paid for. Two, the people surfing the website will see it and it won't bother them. I also like ads that are in the middle of discussions or halfway to the end. This also ensures that people see the ads but also does not bother them.

Header for me; it's pretty much the only place it's truly seen unless you have ad's under the first post, in which case it just seems more intrusive than anything else.

I don't use ads right now on my forum however if I were to use ads I would probably place them on the sidebar, under the first post on a thread and also maybe in the header on the right hand side. These all seem like ideal places where they would not get in the way and would not put people off wanting to view your sites.

Advertisements should be at the top and you'll have to decide whether to put it on the right, left or center. Ads should never be at the bottom because I hate to say, the majority of people are too lazy or disinterested to scroll all the way to the bottom.

I would actually recommend using a program that will catch where people are clicking or scrolling to and then placing your ad there. But a good rule of thumb is to put it at the top.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds