Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Family accounts on your site?

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
I call them family accounts, but do you allow for people in the same household to use the same account on your forum?

I had a husband/wife sign up using one account on Christianity Haven and it was too confusing to the members, so we had them create a second account for one of them. They weren't too happy about it.

Advertisement Placeholder
I call them family accounts, but do you allow for people in the same household to use the same account on your forum?

I had a husband/wife sign up using one account on Christianity Haven and it was too confusing to the members, so we had them create a second account for one of them. They weren't too happy about it.
Yes we do if they contact us. We contact them to ensure if we suspect multiple accounts too. Sorry to hear about the frustrations.

What was their reaction?

This is very much something I will allow as long as I know prior to them registering that they are someone from the same household who also wants to be an active member of the community.

Wow, you would have thought that they would have been happy to be able to have their own separate accounts to avoid confusion. Did they in the end just go with it?

This is very much something I will allow as long as I know prior to them registering that they are someone from the same household who also wants to be an active member of the community.

Wow, you would have thought that they would have been happy to be able to have their own separate accounts to avoid confusion. Did they in the end just go with it?
Yeah but I suppose ppl deceive in order to troll with impunity.

I reckon I would be okay with it as long as they contacted me. It would make for an interesting addon to make an option to choose what type of account is being created and have that option.

Multiple accounts or family accounts? LOL
I think something like "Type of Account" where you (community admin) has the ability to choose what types of accounts can exist.

For example, you could make "Family Account" as one type and even "Business Account" or "Page Account" as another.

Then the account can be labeled so people know what type of account it belongs to.

Yeah I suppose I’d be on the look out for suspicious behaviours. Don’t want trolls running rampant.

Have you ever had to ban anyone Shortie?
I have in the past on previous forums I had many years ago but at least for the most part so far since coming back to forums in 2022, I have not had to ban anyone on my forums.

I have had to make some bans on forums I a staff on but that is about it :)

I have in the past on previous forums I had many years ago but at least for the most part so far since coming back to forums in 2022, I have not had to ban anyone on my forums.

I have had to make some bans on forums I a staff on but that is about it :)
It’s good that you haven’t had to ban ppl. Maybe because forums have much less activity these days, trolls are generally found on social media.

Out of curiosity, how would you handle a member you banned on one forum joining another forum you own

It’s good that you haven’t had to ban ppl. Maybe because forums have much less activity these days, trolls are generally found on social media.

Out of curiosity, how would you handle a member you banned on one forum joining another forum you own
That is true, the trolls seem to have moved to social media now as that is more popular now compared to forums. Social Media is how forums used to be now.

If a member I had banned on one forum joined another forum I owned, it would depend on what they had done to be banned on the forum I had already banned them on as to whether I would give them a chance on another forum.

Most of the time, when I give a ban it's not for something small, it's usually for something I won't tolerate.

That is true, the trolls seem to have moved to social media now as that is more popular now compared to forums. Social Media is how forums used to be now.

If a member I had banned on one forum joined another forum I owned, it would depend on what they had done to be banned on the forum I had already banned them on as to whether I would give them a chance on another forum.

Most of the time, when I give a ban it's not for something small, it's usually for something I won't tolerate.
What types of things does that include? Everyone has a different deal-breaker.

And what you’re saying makes sense - it’s not a clean slate in any case.

Now that @Shawn Gossman started a new forum, I’m curious on his views too :)

They created a second account and then disappeared.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds