Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Facebook Page or Facebook Group?

Credits
Facebook Page and Facebook Group are two different sections on Facebook but they're both targeted at helping you get more visibility and reach.

Between working with Facebook Page and Facebook Group, which one of them have been more effective in giving your website more reach, traffic and visibility? Which one is more difficult to work with when comparing the two of them?

Advertisement Placeholder
Facebook groups is more like a forum where people join and interact. If you can have a lot of members, you can get a lot of exposure. Facebook page is similar to a blog where you control everything and build traffic basically depends on your content quality. Facebook page are more of a promotional nature and it is difficult to keep followers engaged.

Facebook page are more of a promotional nature and it is difficult to keep followers engaged.
I think that's the entire purpose of them. It's not to keep them "engaged on FaceBook" but to get them to come to the site it is related to for more information.
With FaceBook groups, it's all kept in FB, so generally a website is useless as you could combine a FB page with the FB group.

I feel like a page would help more than a group. The group may end up taking more activity away from your website especially if you have a forum. With a page you can help showcase updates and connect to a bigger audience.

I feel the same thing too about working with a page when compared to a group. I see group the same way I see chat boxes. They have the potential to generate a lot of discussion but they will invariably take away all that traffic from your main project.

I use both.

I have a Facebook page with around 17K followers. I post about 5 times a day, every day. I post two text-based posts on Monday and Friday, the rest is photos and videos. I share links here and there. I also reshare content relevant to my niche. That page actually makes me money in the form of performance bonuses. My monthly reach on there is around a million.

I also have a Facebook group of the same niche. I have around 45K members. They're real members too as we're very selective of who we let join. We screen everyone and their first couple of posts. I don't put up with spam or drama which I think has made it so successful.

I use both the page and the group to promote one another.

I have had a lot of success with it.

However, I realize that Facebook is rented space. If something happens and I lose all of this, well, that's part of it. I always keep that stored away in my mind which is why it's important to have something of your own like a forum, newsletter, or blog - something you have direct data and file access to.

I feel like a page would help more than a group. The group may end up taking more activity away from your website especially if you have a forum. With a page you can help showcase updates and connect to a bigger audience.

You are correct. The better option is going with a Facebook page. At least, you have more control than when you decide to open a Facebook group where spammer may begin to post whatever they wish, thereby putting your project at risk.

I use both.

I have a Facebook page with around 17K followers. I post about 5 times a day, every day. I post two text-based posts on Monday and Friday, the rest is photos and videos. I share links here and there. I also reshare content relevant to my niche. That page actually makes me money in the form of performance bonuses. My monthly reach on there is around a million.

I also have a Facebook group of the same niche. I have around 45K members. They're real members too as we're very selective of who we let join. We screen everyone and their first couple of posts. I don't put up with spam or drama which I think has made it so successful.

I use both the page and the group to promote one another.

I have had a lot of success with it.

However, I realize that Facebook is rented space. If something happens and I lose all of this, well, that's part of it. I always keep that stored away in my mind which is why it's important to have something of your own like a forum, newsletter, or blog - something you have direct data and file access to.

True! All social media platforms are rented places. As long as you don't have control over the future of the sites, everything you have built on it can go up in smoke one day if they decided to pull the plug. I'm sure it happened to some people on MySpace. Having your own community will give you more control on the long run.

True! All social media platforms are rented places. As long as you don't have control over the future of the sites, everything you have built on it can go up in smoke one day if they decided to pull the plug. I'm sure it happened to some people on MySpace. Having your own community will give you more control on the long run.

That is the issue with deciding to focus fully on marketing and building everything on those sites. It is important to have a website that you have control over.

That is the issue with deciding to focus fully on marketing and building everything on those sites. It is important to have a website that you have control over.

Take for instance, I don't remember breaking any TOS on Facebook but I just received a notification of a suspicious activity on my account. I was asked to verify my identity which I did but after that, I can't post or comment on Facebook. As it stands, I can't use Facebook for anything related to my business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 9)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds