Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Excessive Advertising?

Alex

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Having adverts on a webpage aids the owner in generating the ad revenue required to pay for the Hosting services and operating costs. Extreme advertising or pop-up windows degrade user engagement, and your user numbers will decline. Too many ad positions can also be detrimental to Seo's success and direct consequences in a plunge in search results. It's all about discovering the appropriate balance. An example of when bizdustry was a victim of unintentional excessive advertising was when we signed up with PropellerAds as a publisher. The advertisements are pop-up-like, and most of the stuff advertised is malicious and harmful to the PC. We stopped using PropellerAds and went back to Google Adsense. On Google Adsense, I wouldn't suggest using Auto Ads but rather picking and choosing where to place ad units to keep things neat.

Do you think there is such a thing as Excessive Advertising? What is the actual definition of this term?

There are sites I don't visit at all die to excessive ads, mostly sites that offer free downloads. I know it's important for them to generate revenue, but having an ad pop up forcing you to a new page up to 3 times in a minute is frustrating. This is common on fzmovies.

This is why I use Adblock Plus. Ads are just too invasive and often just an annoyance overall. When websites excessively advertise it just seems to be a deterrent from having visitors visit your website. I don't necessarily like that I'm taking away sites revenue by using an ad-blocking extension, but you got to do what you got to do to protect your privacy, browse peacefully, and attend the site for the content and not the ads.

Yes, there's excessive advertising. There are some sites that are not getting large traffics today not because there are not good, but because of excessive advertising. You login to a site and find everywhere littered with advertising. Ad will just been pop up everywhere. And as you said, sometime the excessive advertising is not really the fault of forum or website owner.

It's a real turn off to go to a site with obnoxious, in your face ads! It's hard to navigate a site when an ad is in the way of where you're supposed to click! I really don't frequent any forums like that. I think ad placement is crucial to make it user friendly.

Yes I do feel there is such a thing as excessive advertising and unfortunately, many people do fall victim to it in a bid to try and make an income from their site not really understanding that they are hurting their site more than helping it. I feel myself an ad in places like the header or the footer of a site and then say on forums between posts is sufficient enough, it's not too in your face and it's professional looking and will help to keep people on your site instead of driving them away.

Honestly, ads are bad. I don't mind any if they are placed correctly and doesn't interfere with a users' browsing experience. I've removed google advertisements yesterday on this forum because I'm no fan of them. Would rather have some advertisements for our members' forums, that way we get some support and give support to fellow members.

Honestly, ads are bad. I don't mind any if they are placed correctly and doesn't interfere with a users' browsing experience. I've removed google advertisements yesterday on this forum because I'm no fan of them. Would rather have some advertisements for our members' forums, that way we get some support and give support to fellow members.
One of the most frustrating thing about using Google ads is that they would always been looking for a way to screw you over from the money you made using their ads services.

Before getting to their $100 withdrawal link, they might end up banning your Adsense account. They did it to a guy's forum I was helping him run last year. He was pissed like hell.

I'll advertise on any site that allows it and bump the thread only if relevant info has happened since last bump. I also want to keep my thread active too. As far as ads go on my own forum/website, I never put them on there.

I'll advertise on any site that allows it and bump the thread only if relevant info has happened since last bump. I also want to keep my thread active too. As far as ads go on my own forum/website, I never put them on there.
This is why I have always been a fan of Forum Promotion. They make it so much easier for you to advertise and they get enough traffic and lots of new members joining the community every day. I have a few ads threads of my own on the site.

In my early days of blogging, I was using as many as 10 ad units on my page. Then I discovered that having too many ads will not make you a lot of money but having few ads that the users find useful and interesting will help you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor