Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever lose access to a website, no matter what you did?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you lost complete access to one or more of your websites, and no matter what you did, you couldn't get back in?

I have only lost access to a site once, but thanfully I got access back to it. I know people who weren't as lucky, and lost their site and everything on it. He was able to get is domain, but all the content on his site was gone. He of course didn't create backups of anything, and lost all graphics/articles, etc.

It's why I make backups of everything now.

Advertisement Placeholder
There was only ever one time when I lost access to my website and it was when I first started out creating forums. I still to this day do not know how on earth I ended up losing access to my website but I managed to somehow. Never done it again since though but I always make sure to backup now when I make any changes at all so that if that were to eve occur again, I would not end up in the same situation and be fully locked out of my site.

I have never lost access to my sites. I have secured my domain register account and hosting account with two-factor authentication, therefore, it is very unlikely that people will have access to my cpanel. I also use a lot of security plugins on my website to stop unauthorized access.

I have never lost access to my sites. I have secured my domain register account and hosting account with two-factor authentication, therefore, it is very unlikely that people will have access to my cpanel. I also use a lot of security plugins on my website to stop unauthorized access.

I used Weebly to create my own website. We know that Weebly is quite reputable and they have great options to save your website in your dashboard. It also has a built-in website builder as well.

i have not gotten into such situation because i take the issue of my logging details very seriously, i have a journal that is dedicated to me writing down every single thing i do on my website.

I was once fall victim of this situation, it happens to be that I lost my device, I was not been able to reach out my site. It also happens to be that I can't recall the details of the site, that's how I lose the site.

I was once fall victim of this situation, it happens to be that I lost my device, I was not been able to reach out my site. It also happens to be that I can't recall the details of the site, that's how I lose the site.
This is why you need to save your sensitive information on your Gmail account and keep the log in access to your Gmail account in a safe place so as to re enter your Gmail when you lose your device

So sorry about that, is not easy seriously. But don't you think it will be better for you to save some of your details either on some of your device, or it will be better if you can save them on Google backup.

So sorry about that, is not easy seriously. But don't you think it will be better for you to save some of your details either on some of your device, or it will be better if you can save them on Google backup.
I don't take the issue of backing up my site very likely as any thing can can happen and I always have that at the back of my mind whenever I am creating or designing anything

When creating a website it's very important to take note of the details you used during creation. Some people carelessly forget the details like password that they used during their website creation, and this is what make them to lose access to their website.

I have not lost access to any website I am into because I have email backup on my device so if I get a new device for my online websites, I will get it back easily. I also make sure I get a jotter to write down and keep the secret to access my account easily.

I don't take the issue of backing up my site very likely as any thing can can happen and I always have that at the back of my mind whenever I am creating or designing anything
This is our safety net and if we are not careful we might fall victims of those hackers and cybercrime elements. I also don't take the issue very lightly because my information is on the line

This is our safety net and if we are not careful we might fall victims of those hackers and cybercrime elements. I also don't take the issue very lightly because my information is on the line

Well, I have heard of many people losing their content after they uploaded it on other's blogs and revenue-sharing websites. However, I have not heard of anyone losing his or her own website in the sense that they lost the access to their website. It is possible for sure. If you do not save your password or if there are no recovery options.

Well, I have heard of many people losing their content after they uploaded it on other's blogs and revenue-sharing websites. However, I have not heard of anyone losing his or her own website in the sense that they lost the access to their website. It is possible for sure. If you do not save your password or if there are no recovery options.
Definitely, there are alot of hackers these days and if you are not careful your important information such as card and bank details could be obtained and they would subsequently drain your account.

And the information are sensitive and also I outsource some coding of my site to external sources and do pay heavily for it, I don't think I even have the luxury of losing my site information.

And the information are sensitive and also I outsource some coding of my site to external sources and do pay heavily for it, I don't think I even have the luxury of losing my site information.
You seem to be very vast in website creation, are you intending to start up your own site too?
I think you would make a wonderful blogger .

You seem to be very vast in website creation, are you intending to start up your own site too?
I think you would make a wonderful blogger .
Am not a developer, I just know how to build website with free website making tools like elementor, themify and the likes, I intend on becoming a full time blogger.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds