Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ethics in SEO

jyy1

Legendary member
Credits
There doesn't seem to be any - because Google has busted every trick - LOL. Anyway, back in the day, around 2011, I used exact match domains to get on-top - and honestly, I had poorly designed websites, or at least not ones that deserved to be on top for the terms.

O.K., what schemes are people doing now - and seemingly getting away with? Well, the last one I remembered was a thing where people were paid to search for your site in the engines, LOL, with the expectation it would improve your ranking.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is an impressive topic. I will say there is quite a thin line when it comes to SEO ethics unless you are absolutely hacking. One thing you don't want to do is submit your site for automated backlinks. That could cause traffic to be worse. If you do decide to do this I would like to tell you which kind you should get. I am quite smart to tell you one of the only kind that works successfully are called Xrummer links. If you did a quick search on line you can find what they are. Lets say for example you sign up for a service to get you 5,000-10,000 Xrummer backlinks. Then you may be in the right ball park. I have not done this myself though most are dofollow and actually do help with traffic. Automated backlinks will destroy your rank if they are not the right kind.

Is it ethical? I would say the fine line is still there. Possibly not unethical as far as Google might see it. I wouldn't necessarily call it Black Hat SEO though some would. There are things you shouldn't do though and this includes spamming people. If there's any type of hacking involved as well that's a no-no

There doesn't seem to be any - because Google has busted every trick - LOL. Anyway, back in the day, around 2011, I used exact match domains to get on-top - and honestly, I had poorly designed websites, or at least not ones that deserved to be on top for the terms.

O.K., what schemes are people doing now - and seemingly getting away with? Well, the last one I remembered was a thing where people were paid to search for your site in the engines, LOL, with the expectation it would improve your ranking.
I remember hearing of people being paid to search for certain sites to grow their rank. I never tried it myself, as I am unsure searching for something on any search engine helps to rank higher. At least I'm not familiar with that being a possibility. Anyway, I'm not too familiar with what the Black Hat folks are doing these days in terms of schemes, I try to focus on just white hat seo stuff. Especially since I don't want to risk any of my sites.

The only SEO ethics that I know, that you should be following is White Hat SEO. The opposite of White Hat SEO is Back Hat SEO, or unethical SEO. White Hat SEO include legit methods to rank high on search engines, where as Black Hat SEO is illegal methods to rank high. Ethical methods of SEO include publishing high quality content with proper keyword usage, backlinks from reputed sites, improving site speed, improving site design.

Those Google keep rolling out constant updates to curb the menace of gaming the search engine and to give quality search result to the users. However, people are still continue to look for loophole in the search engine ranking signal and exploit it. One of the methods people used now is niche hack and inject.

People will look for lots of authority sites that are vulnerable. They will hack this sites or paid some to do it and inject a backlink to their money websites. In this case. The hacked authority websites will passed serious link juice to their money sites and this will improve their ranks on SERP.

I don't think their is any trick to use by any blogger or webmaster to get ranked on any search engine most especially Google. Any trick you want to use will result to black hat SEO for you and it will affect your ranking badly if Google founds out.

Interesting, you need to write quality contents, that is directed to specific topic that influence ones life in a good way. Quality contents that ranks well in search engines. Google Adsense also approves website that creates inspiring and engaging contents that adds value to ones life.

There are a number of tactics that could be considering black or gray hat tactics. Some of the most common ones are:

• Submitting competitor sites to known link farms
  • Paying for bad reviews to be posted on local review sites
  • Keyword stuffing
  • Paying for links to be programatically built in non-relevant places (forums, etc.)

This can be defined as search engine marketing using only techniques and strategies that search engines consider to be acceptable. Ethics can also be defined whether a search engine finds the technique or strategy acceptable.

You shoul never resort to black hat tactics. This is the one and only ethical rule you should be following while doing seo. You van manipulate rank by using black hat seo but that will soon be diacovered and your site will be pulled down.

I hear that you should always choose the right seo method for search engine ranking. You may rank high with wrong method, but your website rank is not durable, soon your website will be pulled down.

I agree that Google and probably all the major search engines are also learning from the trickery of the website owners and SEO workers. That is why there is the thing called black hat that may injure the SEO capability of your site which means black hat can be determined by Google. Even with the keyword stuffing until now I still cannot understand how the search engines determine that and why should it be a disadvantage to the site.

This is an impressive topic. I will say there is quite a thin line when it comes to SEO ethics unless you are absolutely hacking. One thing you don't want to do is submit your site for automated backlinks. That could cause traffic to be worse. If you do decide to do this I would like to tell you which kind you should get. I am quite smart to tell you one of the only kind that works successfully are called Xrummer links.

The only ethic in search engine optimisation is you making sure not to use illegal means or strategy for your search engine optimisation. For instance, using the White Hart kind of search engine optimisation.

Ethical SEO can be defined as search engine marketing using only techniques and strategies that search engines consider to be acceptable.” If we expand out on this thought, there are some interesting nuisances. Ethics are defined whether a search engine finds the technique or strategy acceptable.

When the sites do not get highly ranked and when the sites do not get organic traffic, website owners are so desperate to rank high and get organic traffic that they use illegal method.

Currently google as changed, AdSense doesn't take shit anymore and its more concentrated on high quality content and not just content.

I think the use of meta tags in ranking websites is still effective. It might require a bit of coding though.
I see your point though and I'm open to learning and would love to optimize my website for affiliate marketing. Let's see more responses

Never attempt to implement Black Hat SEO strategies on your blog or website. This is the main thing you need to follow while doing SEO. You might be able to rank high in no time with Black Hat SEO but soon you will fall from your grace.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds